• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, it's January now and full flow silly season in a election year. Half the polls that come out between now and May will be complete bollocks. You will be in your element.

Why, it's January now and full flow silly season in a election year. Half the polls that come out between now and May will be complete bollocks. You will be in your element.

The poll that counts will be in May.If your leader can't win in Thanet South then he should (and probably will) resign.

Last edited:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/01/conservative-voters-ukip-coalition-poll

A new poll suggestst that 30% of Tory voters would like to go into coalition with UKIP after the next election.

No suprises there then.It won't happen though.

With only one or two MP's, (and hopefully none), realistically UKIP won't be in a postion to go into a coalition with anyone next year.

I think your wrong here, we may all be in for a shock with of.
number UKIP votes

I personally won't vote for them (to me they are far right Tories)

number UKIP votes

Most forecasts I've seen give UKIP between 4 and 6 MP's in the g/e.

Maybe it's a good thing we don't have PR for g/e's, since with around 15% of the vote,UKIP would clearly do much better.

Most forecasts I've seen give UKIP between 4 and 6 MP's in the g/e.

Maybe it's a good thing we don't have PR for g/e's, since with around 15% of the vote,UKIP would clearly do much better.

WHAT!!!:angry: How can it be right that peoples' votes don't have a value?
If we had any sort of PR then politicians might have more consideration for their policies (and actions) as the unpopular stuff would be likely to be shunned more.
I expected better from you Barney than totalitarian dictatorship kinship.:whistling:

number UKIP votes

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE NON CONTRIBUTING, PATRIOTIC PLASTIC COMMIE I demand an apology immediately from you, the mods and every other member of this website.

You, young man, will remember to be humble when you see that little green light on that tells us all of his great presence.

PR when it suits?

Absolutely.

WHAT!!!:angry: How can it be right that peoples' votes don't have a value?
If we had any sort of PR then politicians might have more consideration for their policies (and actions) as the unpopular stuff would be likely to be shunned more.
I expected better from you Barney than totalitarian dictatorship kinship.:whistling:

I have to admit that I'm normally a great fan of PR and admired Alan Johnson's spirited defense of it on the Daily Politics earlier today.

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2015/jan/scottish-labour-vote-tories-renew-trident

This don't sound too good for the left alliance does it?
I mentioned before that I would welcome the SNP onto the TV debates so the country can see who exactly Red Ed would be getting in bed with.

No chance of an SNP/Labour alliance. The cost is another referendum. Never going to happen. Labour would never ever get in again in England..................... Oh wait I've just gone all NAT.

No chance of an SNP/Labour alliance. The cost is another referendum. Never going to happen. Labour would never ever get in again in England..................... Oh wait I've just gone all NAT.

According to the SNP the cost is Trident - however with a sniff of power I think you can safely assume they would ignore their heart felt principles at a blink of a eye.

never ever believe a word the Nats say. They lie and lie and lie and lie and lie until there are no more lies to be said e.g. "The pound, the millstone around Scotland's neck" (A Salmond)

Only the Nats would condemn their own countrymen to unemployment with no alternative on a matter of "principle". If Labour follow them then they are indeed totally unfit to govern.

"11,000 jobs in total depend on the base. 6,700 [from Scotland’s Future, The Scottish Government, p. 483] people are directly employed by the Ministry of Defence and its contractors; with a further 4,500 [from EKOS report on economic contribution of the Royal Navy] provided through the supply chain".

Not about UKIP but good news as reported by the bbc : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30913960

However, the doom and gloom Guardian still manage to put a negative slant on it.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jan/21/uk-unemployment-falls-hiring-spree-stalls

Do you think this negativity is reflected in Guardian readers? In fact does anyone know anyone who still reads The Guardian?

"The Guardian was the big winner in the first national newspaper ABCs of 2014 reporting a rare year-on-year rise in print circulation".

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/abcs-guardian-and-observer-both-report-year-year-circulation-increases-despite-cover-price-rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back