• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Just had it confirmed the Callum Butcher deal is done and he will be announced soon, donā€™t expect him to be match ready though just yet
This is a poor signing if true.. wrong age profile, has struggled with injuries last 18 months . One paced.. another midfielder like we already have .. The club must really be regretting not offering Wes a longer deal now..

We must be on to our 9th, 10th choice by now!

Think Iā€™d rather look at the loan market or one year contracts and patiently wait until next summer when we can get our first and second choices in.

I said it in another thread and il say it again. The signings we have made may turn out well in their own right . But our best attribute for the last 2 years has been how good our press is yet the signings we have made are moving us further and further away from that and I think thatā€™s where our issue lies

I will say it again, can we fill a Ā£2m funding gap in National League? I really dont think we can.
No we can't.
But we won't get out of this league without paying a really good striker loads of money. Fylde, eastleigh etc pay a top guy top money just to stay in the league let alone get promotion.
I get the financial responsibility, we've survived the opposite (barely)
However its probably not the formula that will get us up.

No we can't.
But we won't get out of this league without paying a really good striker loads of money. Fylde, eastleigh etc pay a top guy top money just to stay in the league let alone get promotion.
I get the financial responsibility, we've survived the opposite (barely)
However its probably not the formula that will get us up.
Youre right, but i agree with Justin that you shouldnt gamble this season on the next, but the idea of making the club self sustainable, is never going to happen. Minimise losses and then have a go

Back