• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather see Southend sign the right players rather than utter rubbish. Players like John Lewis or Dominic puolen (how ever you spell his name) are just panic signings which will hurt us in the long run.
A panic buy is something you do at the last minute. How could getting anyone in now be considered a panic buy?

I doubt KM would look at someone like him. He's clearly good enough, but isn't professional enough. The reason he didn't stay with us and the reason he's happy at Aldershot is apparently due to his weight. We expected him to keep to a healthy diet, Aldershot don't care.

Got to love a player who is aware of their limits and would therefore rather stay fat than make minor advances on the football ladder.

Those player meetings at the club will be making a lot of progress, if they were scheduled for yesterday and today as we’ve heard. Any whisperings on the grapevine? I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that one or two unexpected departures are confirmed (for footballing reasons - I.e. they aren’t in Kev and Co’s plans).

I doubt KM would look at someone like him. He's clearly good enough, but isn't professional enough. The reason he didn't stay with us and the reason he's happy at Aldershot is apparently due to his weight. We expected him to keep to a healthy diet, Aldershot don't care.
He was the best player on the pitch by a mile, but agree with you that it's not a good practice to expect your squad to be fit and in shape while allowing one to ignore those requirements. Breeding ground for discontent.

Those player meetings at the club will be making a lot of progress, if they were scheduled for yesterday and today as we’ve heard. Any whisperings on the grapevine? I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that one or two unexpected departures are confirmed (for footballing reasons - I.e. they aren’t in Kev and Co’s plans).

Kev should let PG Site Services know who is being released before he tells the players.

I love these threads. Should be titled which former players, or players that we've been linked with previously, should we sign. Surely Sam Hart is ready for stint number 3?

Hope so. Always like to see the management team being ruthless. Indicative that they have a plan and some better players lined up. If we just retain everyone it's unlikely that we're going to get better.

Can Ron just be gone ready! There will be zero signings until he's gone and I'm fed up of the limbo or will we/won't we have a club.

Failing that, Stick Hobson upfront he is the target man we have been waiting for 😂

In terms of boosting the midfield I would say that Ethan Chislett at Wimbledon would be an option. Yes, I know, I know - he is in the league above, why would he drop down etcetera ...... and you all know the possible answers as well. He is from South Africa so that would add to our woes come international football time ...............

Muhammadu Faal had a good season for Havant and Waterlooville. Player of the season and notched 21 goals and 7 assists. He's 6'5, so very much in the Dackers mould. He's only 25 so plenty of years ahead of him.

Another player we always seem to be linked with but it never materialises, is Josh Rees. He definitely bridges that gap from the midfield to the strikers. Sat on the bench a lot this year at BorehamWood. Feel for players like him and Brunt going there. Why they do it, I'll never know. Speaking of Brunt, I wouldn't be against getting him back either.

I'd take Ling from Daggers too.
Muhammadu Faal had a good season for Havant and Waterlooville. Player of the season and notched 21 goals and 7 assists. He's 6'5, so very much in the Dackers mould. He's only 25 so plenty of years ahead of him.

Another player we always seem to be linked with but it never materialises, is Josh Rees. He definitely bridges that gap from the midfield to the strikers. Sat on the bench a lot this year at BorehamWood. Feel for players like him and Brunt going there. Why they do it, I'll never know. Speaking of Brunt, I wouldn't be against getting him back either.

I'd take Ling from Daggers too.
I watched Concord v Havant and Waterlooville 3-4 on Thursday, a very attacking match that both teams had to win.
Faal is certainly tall but otherwise failed to make an impression. He didn’t score and was substituted some 20 minutes from the end.

Dallas has returned to Solihull and has been offered a new contract.

He only went to Chesterfield on loan when it was confirmed the Embargo wasn't going to be lifted and wanted to come here, which is why he left his options open.

I don't think he will sign straight away, but keep his options open again.

If and it's a big if atm, we get sold, embargo is lifted I would then expect us to renew our interest.

However, we know nothing is goiing to be straightforward this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back