• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice some clubs are releasing their players. We announced our released list last year on May 18th, after the season finished on May 15th. I suspect we might be waiting a bit longer this year...

I believe Solihull and Oldham have so far
Yep they're the two I've seen -

As we all know, we badly need a striker or two. I like Powell, he is so energetic and hard working but he’s just not a goal scorer. Cardwell isn’t a 15/20 goal a season machine, but I’d keep him as back up. Sandat needs time, but I think he’ll be in contention for player of the season in 23/24. So, I’d like to see Powell, Wreh go and get in both of:

Harry Smith from Barnet. Under 30 years old, 6ft 5. Not scored many this season but the target man we badly need. Barnet may be willing to let him go as have cover, although not been there long.

Aaron Jarvis from Torquay. He is youngish with 18 goals in a struggling team this season. That is very impressive. He seems to have turned a corner and ready for a step up.

In addition, we’ll need right back cover, centre back, attacking midfielder. I do though genuinely think we’ve got a really good core to the team and we need a few additions of quality and some strength in depth and we’re ready to go for promotion next season. Don’t want too much to change and we lose the togetherness they have built through tough times.

As we all know, we badly need a striker or two. I like Powell, he is so energetic and hard working but he’s just not a goal scorer. Cardwell isn’t a 15/20 goal a season machine, but I’d keep him as back up. Sandat needs time, but I think he’ll be in contention for player of the season in 23/24. So, I’d like to see Powell, Wreh go and get in both of:

Harry Smith from Barnet. Under 30 years old, 6ft 5. Not scored many this season but the target man we badly need. Barnet may be willing to let him go as have cover, although not been there long.

Aaron Jarvis from Torquay. He is youngish with 18 goals in a struggling team this season. That is very impressive. He seems to have turned a corner and ready for a step up.

In addition, we’ll need right back cover, centre back, attacking midfielder. I do though genuinely think we’ve got a really good core to the team and we need a few additions of quality and some strength in depth and we’re ready to go for promotion next season. Don’t want too much to change and we lose the togetherness they have built through tough times.
Welcome to the Zone! :LoyalSupporter:

I’m actually really looking forward to seeing if/how Kev brings Jack Wood in to the team. He seems to have become something of a fan’s favourite during his loan spell at Tonbridge and as a goal scoring midfielder, I’m hoping we’ll see him get more minutes next season. He’s certainly impressed non-league journalists I follow on Twitter. Same goes for Oli Coker as well actually though being younger than Jack, I think a full season at NLS level with Aveley (congratulations to them today by the way) would do well for his development.

which clubs have announced their retained list so far?
Not quite sure that retained lists post Bosman really are that relevant although by 1 June clubs have to submit info to the league re which players are leaving signed new contracts etc

I am far from sure that a club under embargo can offer new contracts to players whose contracts have expired and without contracts being in place there has to be a question if such players can be registered for the next season.

Jarvis had a good goalscoring record this season, Justham great experience for this league decent kicking and good with he’s feet , Statham seems a dominant cb and maybe what we have needed to add to our decent defence already he’s chipped in with the odd goal or to. Haughton from fylde attacking Mid skillfull and scored few goals may all be decent options imo . But until we knows what happening with ownership/ embargo nothing can be done just yet sadly . But finger cross I’m sure the staff will be having target lined up asap for when hopefully we can sign some players .

We all know and agree re: ownership - but close season signings/departures is still a legit discussion for Southend fans hence the thread.

As such please can everyone note that club ownership, embargoes and related matters are for the other multitude of threads.

Please can they not be mentioned at all on this thread and be taken as a given - i.e. we all know and agree that there needs to be a) money and b) no embargo before players get signed…

The mods will delete or edit as needed to keep this a purely football-focussed transfer thread.
Bumping this post as some folks have already forgotten….! This thread is an embargo and Ron / sale free thread please. Player transfer rumours / news ONLY please.

I’ve said it in multiple threads, if we lose Hobson I think getting Tyler Cordner back would be a great replacement. He’s had an excellent season for Aldershot. Although I expect he will have interest from the league above.
I doubt KM would look at someone like him. He's clearly good enough, but isn't professional enough. The reason he didn't stay with us and the reason he's happy at Aldershot is apparently due to his weight. We expected him to keep to a healthy diet, Aldershot don't care.

Strikers I hope we are keeping tabs on. But as always it's down to the embargo and whether we are shopping at Aldi, Waitrose or nowhere.

Shaun Jeffers (St Albans)
Dom Poleon (Ebbsfleet)
Mo Faal (Havant)
Nick Haughton (Fylde)
Connor Hall (Chorley)
Nowhere it is then!

This place will go into meltdown when other teams start signing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back