• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24 (Part 2 - Back in Business. Oh no we’re not)

Transfer news
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair though we were also told that several signings were all lined up just waiting for embargo to be lifted. Expectations were raised and, for various reasons already discussed multiple times in this thread, not delivered upon.

I’ve said this on numerous occasions, we were told we had THREE signing lined up.

Morton & Crowther are in, and Remy went to Daggers. Don’t know how many more times I can say that, or if there is another way I can put it that everyone remembers and doesn’t keep bringing that up.

What happened to the Dundalk(?) lad, Alfie Lewis. Thought he’d signed for us pending international clearance, despite being born in Leigh on Sea.

Is this deal still on?

I’ve said this on numerous occasions, we were told we had THREE signing lined up.

Morton & Crowther are in, and Remy went to Daggers. Don’t know how many more times I can say that, or if there is another way I can put it that everyone remembers and doesn’t keep bringing that up.

Plus Dackers in on loan until the end of the season. Not a bad start with hopefully one more to come - very much doubt (unless we have injuries or Man City decide to bid £10mn for Cards) that there will be any more until the end of the season. We ain't got a bad squad, boys and girls.

Incorrect, although he is someone we chased briefly.

Izzy Irekpen, former Swansea and West Ham centre half, was someone we chased for a very long time under Tilson. Did his medical, agreed terms, shook hands on the deal, photos done etc. The day he was due to turn up to Roots Hall to sign contracts and then be “unveiled” as a new signing, he didn’t turn up. No reason, no phone call, nothing. Just blanked Tilson and the Club. He would have been a superb signing, but for whatever reason he decided against it.

That sounds like agent called and said another club is interested and will pay more.

I wonder how many photos exist of players pictured in the kit that didn't actually sign.

Plus Dackers in on loan until the end of the season. Not a bad start with hopefully one more to come - very much doubt (unless we have injuries or Man City decide to bid £10mn for Cards) that there will be any more until the end of the season. We ain't got a bad squad, boys and girls.

Kev et all definitely want another body in, as well as this centre forward, maybe two if we can’t extend Sandat’s loan.

Remy was part of a Dagenham team who I saw lose at Aveley in the Senior Cup on Monday.

I can't comment on Remy's individual performance as absolutely no one stood out for Dagenham who were absolutely pony.

A lot of people asking what the hold up is with Danny Waldron signing for the club.

As I said yesterday, the deal is still on.

I've been told that the delay is a result of Southend moving the goalposts from the offer that was previously accepted - we've now upped our opening offer apparently, but removed the performance based bonuses relating to number of appearances & goals.

The urgency to get the deal done shifted slightly when there were question marks over whether the Wealdstone game would go ahead as the plan was to try and get him in before that.

Changing the offer suggests we're cooling on this. Crashing the deal rather than saying we've changed our minds. Maybe another whiteboard target has moved up the pecking order ? Or maybe I'm over thinking !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back