• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Tom Lawrence update on ground and facilities

Thanks to Tom for this, it's the kind of thing many on here have been crying out for.

One thing though, the aims for the North Bank seem to have switched sides as I am sure they were originally looking at the North West corner for away fans. If everyone is still accessing from Shakespeare Drive, they will definitely need to improve the access and exit arrangements there.

The only worry for me is what fans go in there. If they are go cheer the team on great but if they are going to spend the whole game goading the away fans then there is no point.
It’s going to happen whatever it’s going to come down to having the right type of segregation

Getting the North Bank should not be that hard, myself and @Smiffy got it back for the fans when we were in the league so national league in theory should be just as easy if not easier
That was 12+ years ago mate. I think what makes it harder these days is the stricter H&S and access/egress regulations that exist now, and which necessitate costly improvements.

It’s going to happen whatever it’s going to come down to having the right type of segregation
A debate for another day but which came first, the goading of away fans or the segregation.

Rugby, Cricket there is no segregation and fans mix quite well. Football is segregated so you get the safety in numbers mentality of some people who if they were sitting in the a mixed stadium wouldn't say boo to a goose.

Head across the pond to America and the idea of segregation at sports events (basketball, ice hockey, american football and soccer) is unheard of.

Certain away games i'll quite happily head into the home seating to watch a game partly because there is more room. Oxford City / Dover / Ebbsfleet away. All crammed in one end of the stadium whilst iIhad the freedom and luxury to walk around 3 sides of the ground. I'll be doing the same at Braintree too

A debate for another day but which came first, the goading of away fans or the segregation.

Rugby, Cricket there is no segregation and fans mix quite well. Football is segregated so you get the safety in numbers mentality of some people who if they were sitting in the a mixed stadium wouldn't say boo to a goose.

Head across the pond to America and the idea of segregation at sports events (basketball, ice hockey, american football and soccer) is unheard of.

Certain away games i'll quite happily head into the home seating to watch a game partly because there is more room. Oxford City / Dover / Ebbsfleet away. All crammed in one end of the stadium whilst iIhad the freedom and luxury to walk around 3 sides of the ground. I'll be doing the same at Braintree too
I hear you and can see why people go in the home ends though obviously you can't join in the chants etc or celebrate the goals as much! Away ends in football are usually the worst part of the ground and are often uncovered/cramped/crap views. 40 odd years of watching football tells me if you go looking for trouble you can find it but equally if you're respectful and don't act like a dick you will .. most of the time .. be fine. It's not the 80s any more.

“Due to complicated flow rate calculations, we will be keeping the away fans in the North East corner“

Nice bit of plain English or not!

Will they be allowed out at the end of the game?

I think F.A.Cup rules don't allow this.
There is a percentage of capacity I believe ?
That was my point.

I think it’s 15%. Or at least it used to be.

If RH can hold 9k, we’d have to give up 1350.

That’ll be just over half of the NB.

Back