• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Tom Lawrence update on ground and facilities

Gas floodlights?!?! That's a new one on me. I presumed they were electric and very costly. Didn't even criss my mind tgey were run using gas.
They are electric aren't they? I suspect he means the type of bulbs used rather than the fuel - might be wrong though.

Gas is also much cheaper than electricity so wouldn't save much if they really were gas.

Proper communication at last. 👍

Its what we have always wanted, and new and exciting plans for our beloved roots hall, with fan consultation. Gonna take some time but will be amazing.

Just need to win a few football matches now and the garden will be rosy.

Last edited:
Away capacity 815.
Mostly no problem , but if / when we progress and play teams with a larger fan base , does that cause issues ?
Is there not a percentage of ground capacity that has to be given in F.A.Cup etc ?

great statement. Interested to know more about the north bank plans. because if they were to open blocks X Y Z NA NB and part of NC (possibly depending on segregation) according to my stat sheet thats more like 2400.

also, will they open up the gate next to W so that the home fans can get in through there?

interesting
Block X is the difference between your figure and Tom’s. My guess is that he didn’t include that block as we’ve clearly been using it a lot more recently than the other blocks he mentioned.

It’s only very recent disrepair somewhere in that area (thanks Ron) which has prevented us from using block X due to the safety certificate I believe - if I’ve interpreted what I’ve read over the past few months correctly. The other areas haven’t been used by home fans since Ron turfed us out of the North IIRC.

Good, informative statement.

I’ll be keen to revisit this post-Christmas, to see what progress has been made.

Please, keep up this communication COSU. It’s a welcome change to what we’re used to.

How do you get into far post bar before/after game nowadays? remember decades ago you had to show a membership card or something like that to get in.
I think you're talking about shrimpers bar? Down the stairs as you approach the south stand turnstiles in the east stand? Don't need anything to get in their now - but numbers are restricted.

Far post bar I think is through the turnstiles for east black type area, across the bridge. If you have a match ticket for that area can get in pre match, after match anyone can walk in across the aforementioned bridge.

Away capacity 815.
Mostly no problem , but if / when we progress and play teams with a larger fan base , does that cause issues ?
Is there not a percentage of ground capacity that has to be given in F.A.Cup etc ?
I guess they can just move into the yellow section if required and reduce our allocation. That will be rare though at this level other than as you say perhaps for an FA Cup fixture.

Long term if and when we return to the EFL, then it sounds like the plan is to have a new “Kop” style North Bank just for us.

Back