• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this takeover is carried over into next year .Then I can see the whole thing going tits upwards Ron is doing what he did before stalling.

Oh dear....., I sense fatigue setting in with even the most optimistic fans now. After all we have been through and now we are to think ourselves reassured that "its just a case of sorting the last bit with Ron Martin and the council" . I give up!
do we know what needs to be agreed between Ron and the council? If it's the 'rental agreement' then that's already agreed in principle (meeting in mid Nov did that I think), but the details need to be ironed out. If it's planning permission - then that needs an application to be made and then the planning process to complete - I'd suggest 2 months minimum, years maximum!

I just can't believe that this has ended up with all pressure taken off Ron by the consortium bankrolling wages and operational costs, while he postures with the council to get the best deal he can, and all the time knowing if the consortium pulls out that suits his agenda too as nothing really changes for him other than losing £2, £1 for the club and £1 for the training ground, which of course he would then try and get planning permission on as there would be no team requiring it. Plus he will be able to say that it was the council that scared the consortium off by not acting quick enough.

Let me just qualify - I have no knowledge if any of this is based in fact, but it is my summation from what I have seen so far in this sorry saga. I truly hope I'm wrong and we get good news that the Rat is gone soon, and the consortium get the opportunity to move us forward on a sound footing.

Well, well, well the Rat RM on true form
Wants everything his own way at any cost.
I don't even think it is fair to even call him a rat now - is there any species lower than that?

So what's with the council backing the takeover. And they would do everything they can to get it over the line What more bull **** .
Whilst I agree the Council have a track record of not being the most reliable, take a look at the other side of the table and Mr Rat Clownshoes Martin holding his hand out saying " I f*******g love this City you idiots" now let me do what I want, where I want and on my terms" - I think we are in for a long ride. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back