• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Cricko's list:

Justin Rees
George Taylor
Paul Redbourn
Ian Redbourn
Gary Lockett
John Watson
Jason Brown
Tom Arnold
David Kreyling
Canadian rich Geezer.

Folk have rightly mentioned that there is potential for disagreement within such a large group which is right, and indeed it
wouldn't be natural if there wasn't.

Key I think will be for them all to have a good co-ordinator, someone who is 100% organised, can deal with them all neutrally, maintains confidentiality, and who is very efficient. If this is not done then it could get messy.

Keep a look out on Indeed folks and get your CV's ready🙂
Absolutely right. When I left The London of Economics my first job in the City was for a co in the containerised shipping industry called ACTA that transported boxes to/from Aus/NZ and a number of Euro ports between them. It partnered with a number of other major lines such as OCL, NedLloyd and others to agree rates to clients, logistics and more. Big businesses, complex deals and operations with diverse locations gave the potential for major and minor disagreements, misunderstandings, errors and mistakes. So a Conference Secretariat was set-up to act as coordinator and referee. These types of structures will never solve (or better prevent) all issues but they can, and did in the case here, help minimise them.

Agreed! Find fault?
That's going to be a lot easier than getting this deal over the line, it seems.
If @annie1954 wants a list of reasons why Saudi needs to be kept away from sportswashing, I'm willing to provide.
i was only saying if a saudi did join us people would complain on here as an example , because whoever is mention on here there is always someone from the doom brigade ready to find fault with them and run them down , better times will soon be with us but many shrimperzone members are still not happy .

Is cp never wrong?
Rarely, and no more than anyone else in his position might be. On this subject I’d say it’s highly unlikely as he has direct contact with all the people at the club who would know for certain (and the rat himself). His reply is clear and unequivocal, so on this occasion I’d say it was London Shrimper on X whose radar was off.

i was only saying if a saudi did join us people would complain on here as an example , because whoever is mention on here there is always someone from the doom brigade ready to find fault with them and run them down , better times will soon be with us but many shrimperzone members are still not happy .

Far more would object to your example though than would/have object(ed) to the current consortium members though.

Absolutely right. When I left The London of Economics my first job in the City was for a co in the containerised shipping industry called ACTA that transported boxes to/from Aus/NZ and a number of Euro ports between them. It partnered with a number of other major lines such as OCL, NedLloyd and others to agree rates to clients, logistics and more. Big businesses, complex deals and operations with diverse locations gave the potential for major and minor disagreements, misunderstandings, errors and mistakes. So a Conference Secretariat was set-up to act as coordinator and referee. These types of structures will never solve (or better prevent) all issues but they can, and did in the case here, help minimise them.
Yes, worked in the Shipping industry myself, Liner Agency for CP Ships
on UK/Europe to Montreal also for K-Line on the Far East trade routes. Both were members of their relevant Conferences. As you say articled Rules and Regulations across all business areas with Inspectorate and power to impose sanctions and fines. A big problem was member lines who indulged in the process of backhand rebating, undermined the whole Rate Tariff principle, but as you say they did help provide direction and resolution.

That's right: people would complain if there was Saudi interest - and rightly so.
In fact one hopes complain wouldn't be the half!
However, comparing Saudi to questions about the new owners is frankly, chalk and cheese, imo.
Maybe, I've missed doom brigade comments about Rees and co, but I have noticed an urge towards caution, and can't see anything wrong with that.
Like you, fingers crossed the deal goes through, but eye on the ball at all times is no bad thing.

Yes, worked in the Shipping industry myself, Liner Agency for CP Ships
on UK/Europe to Montreal also for K-Line on the Far East trade routes. Both were members of their relevant Conferences. As you say articled Rules and Regulations across all business areas with Inspectorate and power to impose sanctions and fines. A big problem was member lines who indulged in the process of backhand rebating, undermined the whole Rate Tariff principle, but as you say they did help provide direction and resolution.
Agree, there will always be those that seek to circumvent.

Oh dear, another porky pie from the Pinocchio account 🫣

I think you’ll find that London Shrimper is one of the most reliable with his information, especially when it comes to transfer bits and pieces.

I was told RM was due to be there by someone. I wasn’t at the game, and haven’t spoken to my person to see if he actually was, because I’m incredibly hungover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back