• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Justin is in the country I would like to think he would join up with the trust and come on and tell us what the he'll is going on.

It’s really only the council who can pressure him. No idea whether this is feasible… but how about a campaign to make FF greenbelt again should this not be resolved by Christmas? That would bankrupt him.
If only he had some land in a prime location he could sell instead.

The council want houses, it's the reason the deal has got this far, the are not going to risk losing them.

If only he had some land in a prime location he could sell instead.

The council want houses, it's the reason the deal has got this far, the are not going to risk losing them.
Not for nothing they don’t. And they would get them with this approach (if feasible). It would ruin the club, Ron doesn’t care about that, but he would care about being skint. So he would stop messing around to try and scrape another few quid

Most of the consortium are Southend United fans Why would they want to change the deal Something stinks And I bet It coming from Rat man and little Rat .

And therein lies the issue. Ron simply doesn't understand how things work. HoTs aren't set in stone in the way he seems to think they are.

Dealing with him is like banging your head against a brick wall.
Especially when they're not actually signed yet, and when it's always subject to Those words are banned.

The exceptionalism is unreal.

Hopefully those visiting his house tonight might get some answers.
He’s just going to say that the HoT are the HoT and so long as the consortium stick to them then there will be a deal, isn’t he?

(that’s not to disparage the protests btw - let’s keep the pressure up)

There continues to be a small contingent that believe protests have had any meaningful impact and that further protests have any value. Personally I believe this view falls comfortably into the realm of delusion. Ron will do what is best for him and his family. I don't subscribe to the thought that that he would intentionally cause the club any unnecessary grief. I am sure the BileBoys will beg to differ.

The consensus seems to be that it is Ron holding things up but, this is just assumption. We don't even know things aren't progressing as fast as possible. If JR and the consortium came out and pointed the finger at Ron it would still be just one side. The point is no one really knows but, many are quick to apportion blame.

The council have gone quiet and Anna Firth, no slouch in patting her own back, has seemingly lost her voice.

We do not have the right to know what is going on. I used to be a regular customer at Woolworths but, I was not privy to their decisions on business strategy.

I, like all of you, want this sale concluded as soon as possible. Unfortunately I have no option but to wait for the major players in this affair to speak up. Unjust or unfair? Well that is life.

And given the consortium are funding wages you'd think he'd be a bit more reasonable.
King Solomon threatened to cut a baby, claimed by two women as theirs, in half. He knew that the rightful mother would never see such harm done to their baby.

Unfortunately we don’t have a football regulator with such wisdom and power.

When the regulator threatens to harm our club (points deductions for late wages), Ron waits for the consortium to cough up. Ron now thinks he’s got the consortium in a position of weakness as they’re committed and will blink rather than see more harm done to the club.

Southend council need to pull their finger out and pile the pressure on the Rat but having said that I think the consortium need to accept that some form of risk has to be taken and that they can't close every loophole going

From what I have heard, the deal was agreed by both parties, everyone was happy with it, and now the consortium are changing what was originally agreed.

Ron will not back down on the ORIGINAL deal.

Will seek a new buyer if it doesn't progress soon.
I’d suggest your source is on the ratty side. I’ll leave it to everyone else to work out how much to take that as gospel. There may be some truth in elements of it, but there will be massive bits missing too - crucial bits, like X or Y skeleton was uncovered during Those words are banned and that will necessarily change the deal.

I’m also a bit skeptical that none of the genuinely ITK people are presenting the current impasse as ‘solid gold, trustworthy Ronald is all good to go but the consortium keep moving the goalposts’… sounds like the opposite of everyone’s experience of the rat over 25 years - and throughout this whole process.

Out of interest, since your source can’t be the consortium, why are you so protective of them?

I think you’ll find it’s a few million ££’s worth of skeletons!!
Not asking you to reveal specifics such as a particular company/club etc, but what type of skeleton is this costing this value?

I.e. Its surely not an energy bill, or money owed to a club of a player we've signed where payment is due over a number of seasons etc

I’d suggest your source is on the ratty side. I’ll leave it to everyone else to work out how much to take that as gospel. There may be some truth in elements of it, but there will be massive bits missing too - crucial bits, like X or Y skeleton was uncovered during Those words are banned and that will necessarily change the deal.

I’m also a bit skeptical that none of the genuinely ITK people are presenting the current impasse as ‘solid gold, trustworthy Ronald is all good to go but the consortium keep moving the goalposts’… sounds like the opposite of everyone’s experience of the rat over 25 years - and throughout this whole process.

Out of interest, since your source can’t be the consortium, why are you so protective of them?
If you look back their last 5/10 posts one of them stated

"I personally believe Justin is just a smoke screen that has no intention of purchasing us, he brought Ron time with the “Story of buying the club” but him and Ron are in the same bed chasing the dream of a property empire. Both in it together"

That to me sounds like back then they had no source on either side and they are repeating the Chinese whispers that go around on Facebook, X, Instagram.

That's not meant as a character assassination of the poster but if I posted on a Facebook group the club are interested in signing Ashley Cole as a defensive coach by the time its done the rounds it will have morphed into we are interviewing Cheryl Cole to sing in the Blues Lounge during half times.

If you look back their last 5/10 posts one of them stated

"I personally believe Justin is just a smoke screen that has no intention of purchasing us, he brought Ron time with the “Story of buying the club” but him and Ron are in the same bed chasing the dream of a property empire. Both in it together"

That to me sounds like back then they had no source on either side and they are repeating the Chinese whispers that go around on Facebook, X, Instagram.

That's not meant as a character assassination of the poster but if I posted on a Facebook group the club are interested in signing Ashley Cole as a defensive coach by the time its done the rounds it will have morphed into we are interviewing Cheryl Cole to sing in the Blues Lounge during half times.
How much are the tickets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back