• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe friday i guess Just as important when will the takeover contracts be signed Hpoefully be for christmas .Time is running oit for that date . tp give us al a ho ho ho happy christmas .

Vic Jobsons legacy....selling off what was the biggest terrace we had.

I wonder if the South Stand will be redone at all, and what can they really do with that limited space?
Because of what Anton Johnson had done, Vic didn't really have a lot of option than to sell off the South Bank to get money into the club. Remember, the reason for the lion on the badge was because Ken Bates lent him the money initially to purchase the club.

Oh, and why did he have to do it? Because my idiot Grandfather (who despised football and Southend United) consistently refused permission (in his position as Chief Noise Abatement Officer) to hold concerts at Roots Hall for which the South Bank would have been extremely useful.

If something doesn't give soon we will be rewarded with a relegation fight come the new year. I think we are in for a torrid Christmas period of games and do not see much in the way of points won. Too much has been asked of our amazing team.
This. I fear the reason for AF's letter to the NL was she had feedback on progress and knew the takeover wouldn't complete before Xmas (although that info wasn't passed on to us). And our ability to get through with our threadbare squad was a meltdown waiting to happen. She will have experienced the atmosphere on Sat. So the letter is damage limitation in a way but welcome. It and she will, no doubt, be ignored because it references subjects the NL have absolutely no interest in.

If we end up starting with one sub on boxing day and get thumped finishing with 8 players on the pitch it seems to me the NL are now in pole position to be centre of blame, and not any delay in the takeover.

I worry I'm being a little too cynical, but I worry more that it's the case.

Hope I'm proved wrong and we get a couple in before Sat and the takeover done next week as alluded to. That bottle of Laphroaig is starting to gather dust...

This. I fear the reason for AF's letter to the NL was she had feedback on progress and knew the takeover wouldn't complete before Xmas (although that info wasn't passed on to us). And our ability to get through with our threadbare squad was a meltdown waiting to happen. She will have experienced the atmosphere on Sat. So the letter is damage limitation in a way but welcome. It and she will, no doubt, be ignored because it references subjects the NL have absolutely no interest in.

If we end up starting with one sub on boxing day and get thumped finishing with 8 players on the pitch it seems to me the NL are now in pole position to be centre of blame, and not any delay in the takeover.

Hope I'm proved wrong and we get a couple in before Sat and the takeover done next week as alluded to. That bottle of Laphroaig is starting to gather dust...
Don't forget the embargo could have been lifted any time in the last 12 months or so had Ron actually acted like a responsible adult. So as intransigent as the NL have been, this is not their doing.

Hi Kent blues just the thought of that laphroaig sitting there collecting dust is now starting to worry me I might have to dash over the dartford bridge and save that from happening ( lol ) we just have to be patient for a little longer and it will be a happy 2024 😊😊

Pretty much where I'm at. I've never heard of any material business get done between Christmas and NY, and the National League will probably all be out of office next week too, Even if the takeover by some miracle does get announced early next week, and there's confirmation of football creditors being paid, I cannot see the NL being in the office to lift the embargo, leaving us up the proverbial creek.

I'm more of a Speyside fan myself. You can keep the Laphroaig on the shelf thanks. I've got a Glenfarclas 30 Year Old that we were gifted as a wedding present a few years ago and I'm currently using to drown my sorrows.

Animosity towards the NL is a distraction. There is just one bloke not paying his bills and meeting moral and legal obligations who continued to sanction signings he had no means of paying for and who has had about 450 days to find a solution to the embargo. This time last year we had a whip round for staff. A year ago !!!!

Don't forget the embargo could have been lifted any time in the last 12 months or so had Ron actually acted like a responsible adult. So as intransigent as the NL have been, this is not their doing.
The way the embargo has been conducted with complete disinterest for player wekfare however is. So as I said the points made by AF are absolutely correct. We need to be able to separate the fact we deserve to be under an embargo from then the way it is conducted. I think most would agree with that.

Animosity towards the NL is a distraction. There is just one bloke not paying his bills and meeting moral and legal obligations who continued to sanction signings he had no means of paying for and who has had about 450 days to find a solution to the embargo. This time last year we had a whip round for staff. A year ago !!!!
There you have my point.

There you have my point.
the pity of iit is ,its the players and staff who are being penalised whilst the Rat is enjoying a free run, this is where the leagues should have a ruling along with the government where they can order an owner to sell the club within a certain time or lose it ,they did it with the Russian at Chelski
. yes i realise RM owns the land the club is built on but in the old days governments were able to requistion land, and pay a pittance for it, Be nice if they could do that then give the land etc to JR to recoup what they paid for it .

the pity of iit is ,its the players and staff who are being penalised whilst the Rat is enjoying a free run, this is where the leagues should have a ruling along with the government where they can order an owner to sell the club within a certain time or lose it ,they did it with the Russian at Chelski
. yes i realise RM owns the land the club is built on but in the old days governments were able to requistion land, and pay a pittance for it, Be nice if they could do that then give the land etc to JR to recoup what they paid for it .
He is in BIG debt to a lot of serious players. He might not be bothered about people on the pathway outside his house but he certainly in concerned about all those charges he has on various bits of land.

I've not really commented on the takeover timing.
Not because I don't care , but I've tried to take the view that I can't do anything about it , so I've tried to preserve a little bit of sanity.
Better times are coming it seems and I think it will be a genuinely exciting time.
For this season though our only ( well main ) aim has to be staying in this League.
Despite how well this team have done , we need bodies in very quickly as we could be in a fair bit of trouble within a very short period of time.

It’s certainly an opinion, and you’re entitled to it, but the information coming out from trusted sources thankfully would indicate that you are wrong.

Given a new application hasn’t even been submitted yet there is no way Rat family are getting a revised planning permission (given that this will only be issued after completing a revised s106 agreement) before the end of the season.

If you read back through the thread you will see @Medway Blue ’s posting about an agreement to lease and I would suspect that is what Ron and SCC are signing and it is giving the rat family and their collaborators enough comfort to sell the club imminently.
No. That's absolutely fair. As I said earlier I was way behind the conversation at the time of my reply. I'm now up to speed and am also glad, that on this occasion my hypothesis was clearly wrong!!!

So from what our trusted sources are saying, the takeover is scheduled for next week, but there have also been murmurs of the embargo being lifted before then.

Does anyone know if the NL have listened to AF's letter or whether the consortium is going to pay off more of 🐀's debt so we can sign someone before Saturday?

So from what our trusted sources are saying, the takeover is scheduled for next week, but there have also been murmurs of the embargo being lifted before then.

Does anyone know if the NL have listened to AF's letter or whether the consortium is going to pay off more of 🐀's debt so we can sign someone before Saturday?
Surely it's doubtful if the NL have actually received the letter yet? An urgent matter like this should have been emailed, not left to get delayed or lost in the Christmas backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back