• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that the deal will be finalized between Christmas and New Year.
I wouldn't usually question you, and I am not particularly ITK but I find this unlikely. The deal will likely require the full attention of lawyers, council officers, funders, funders' lawyers, corporate finance advisers, the list goes on. They will certainly not all be around during that weird ghost week between Christmas and New Year. If it's not finished by close of play this Friday, I can't see it happening until the first week of 2024.

I wouldn't usually question you, and I am not particularly ITK but I find this unlikely. The deal will likely require the full attention of lawyers, council officers, funders, funders' lawyers, corporate finance advisers, the list goes on. They will certainly not all be around during that weird ghost week between Christmas and New Year. If it's not finished by close of play this Friday, I can't see it happening until the first week of 2024.
I get that, but trust me on this one.

Maybe Ron will have his safety agreement from the council about the extra housing. So hopefully if that has happened then the deal can be signed off.

The revised deal around the move of homes from RH to FF has been confirmed as the route forward for weeks. Weeks. It’s the principals (RM & SBC) job to plan accordingly and allowing for the given of Xmas and NY which isn’t a surprise. Part of that is ensuring the necessary resources are in place. The level of incompetence is mind blowing. If they planned like this in the forces there would be body bags everywhere…

Do you reckon this issue is a reason behind the hold up...? https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/23...dyXzUPagXi--nX5XdgpC4j0AapnpLYBbDLfYfZ_XTBziA
The argument is that the land 'gifted' to Southend United should now be used to widen the Cuckoo Corner junction. If that is more than just someone blowing smoke, this will have a significant impact on the Rat and Baby Rat housing plans... pure speculation on my part, and I hope i am a country mile off reality! However, if there is any mileage in this it could explain the delay

If it takes until the New Year, so be it. But I just can't wait for us to finally start looking forward. Next season, promotion.

I'm also hearing a strong rumour that the emabargo is about to finally fall.

I'm not as in the know as some and more than others.

Whether that means that the club is sold or the consortium have bit the bullet and paid the debt before getting the keys I'm not sure, but something is definitely a foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back