• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
An agreement with the council cannot be water tight if they as you stated yourself cannot guarantee future planning decisions. As @Jai said earlier something has to give because atm he is 39 mill in hock to his backers.
It’s his final play as well isn’t it? He’s loving it clearly. Loving the anguish he’s causing, enjoying crapping all over his loyal staff, loving that he has what he wants and the council where he wants them. He has all the power in his eyes, and probably in reality too. Having debt doesn’t bother him no matter how much it is.

Once he’s done he’s just a posh, rich toff, not as much fun is it?

Absolutely this.

We are in a bit of a state I think.

Ron can't exactly take a leap of faith and just go for it unless he has got 100% guarantee in place about the new properties at FF. If he does and they don't grant it, he's lost pretty much everything (aside from whatever he gets from the sale) and we won't get our 20m either.

I can't see how the council can (legally and properly) give him that guarantee without planning permission being sorted, which is nowhere near happening as I don't think he's even put the plans in.

If it doesn't progress and the deal collapses, he then owns RH and FF, won't fund the club and we will have no option but to fold I would imagine. He can then sell both plots for development (albeit after a fight).

Please someone tell me I'm wrong or have missed something.

If he lets club fold now then he likely won't be able to sell the land before planning permission expires. Precedent has been set but wouldn't be certain of regaining planning permission - especially with no new stadium etc which was the enabling development for FF.

It’s his final play as well isn’t it? He’s loving it clearly. Loving the anguish he’s causing, enjoying crapping all over his loyal staff, loving that he has what he wants and the council where he wants them. He has all the power in his eyes, and probably in reality too. Having debt doesn’t bother him no matter how much it is.

I think he is stuck, he cannot get what he wants as the council can't give it to him. Something has to change whether he likes it or not. The only other alternative as i see it would be Admin and with the amount the consortium have already put in i doubt that would suit them either.

I don't believe for one second that Ron enjoys being despised.

Yes, I was thinking more about the £20m with that point. How will that be legally enforced?....At what stage of the build will it be paid. What if Ron sells on before the build etc.......Then if all goes t**ts up do the backers trump football club when comes to getting paid.

Obviously the consortium know their stuff and they think it will be paid within 5 years. As properties aren't selling and sites being mothballed, I doubt there is many on here who would put their pension or house on a 5 years or less bet.
Rigsby, using my dynamic powers of deduction I have decided that you are Ron Martin -- the Landlord.

For what purpose though? I’ll never understand why he’s dragging this out.
Only they will know. They could of closed this deal a long time ago, but for some reason are dragging this out far longer than is necessary. Add to that abandoning financial duties as "owner" and you can see why there is no rush, as nothing is hurting him right now.

Only they will know. They could of closed this deal a long time ago, but for some reason are dragging this out far longer than is necessary. Add to that abandoning financial duties as "owner" and you can see why there is no rush, as nothing is hurting him right now.
Yeah, the crux of the matter. The consortium, by doing the right thing, have helped him continue this farce. Not sure they have a way out now.

At the meeting they agreed to pursue the transfer of leasing flats at FF rather than RH - that can continue to be pursued through to formal agreement - as it was previously - what they can't do is prejudice any future planning application. We don't know what Ron is asking for so we don't know if the council can or cannot do it.
Nobody else has really picked up on this yet, but it might be crucial. The fact that it will be lease properties might allow for some kind of legally-binding mechanism which satisfies all parties and minimises risk, without prejudicing planning.

If RM takes a flyer with the council i guess the consortium will have to do the same with the 20mill. At this stage nobody can have their cake and eat it.
with the potential wealth within the consortium and no doubt links to further investment would it not make sense that the consortium just let the potential 20m from Ron go now to secure the deal. Is that the main part holding this up between Ron and the consortium at least. I appreciate there are issues between Ron and SCC but would the consortium letting that part of the deal go make a difference?

Yeah, the crux of the matter. The consortium, by doing the right thing, have helped him continue this farce. Not sure they have a way out now.
That's what ****es me off the most. They are obviously good guys and have done the right thing morally to ensure people have their wages and no further sanctions can be imposed upon the club. But, they have been taken the **** out of by the rat and he can now sit back with no financial responsibilities and take his time to get the perfect offer that suits him and the offspring. It's genius, it really is.

with the potential wealth within the consortium and no doubt links to further investment would it not make sense that the consortium just let the potential 20m from Ron go now to secure the deal. Is that the main part holding this up between Ron and the consortium at least. I appreciate there are issues between Ron and SCC but would the consortium letting that part of the deal make a difference?
The consortiums thoughts as you know are that he is saving 50mill for not having to build a stadium so 20mill back to them is not asking to much. I actually do not think they are relying on it.

At the meeting they agreed to pursue the transfer of leasing flats at FF rather than RH - that can continue to be pursued through to formal agreement - as it was previously - what they can't do is prejudice any future planning application. We don't know what Ron is asking for so we don't know if the council can or cannot do it.
It has to go through due process. What they can do is commit to supporting the application. They are party to the development with a significant commercial interest.

Similarly, they can also agree to amending the original commercial arrangement to reflect the proposed change in planning.

Of course, this assumes this is the problem.

with the potential wealth within the consortium and no doubt links to further investment would it not make sense that the consortium just let the potential 20m from Ron go now to secure the deal. Is that the main part holding this up between Ron and the consortium at least. I appreciate there are issues between Ron and SCC but would the consortium letting that part of the deal make a difference?
That part is no longer a sticking point mate. That was an issue between Martins and consortium, and would have no bearing on the Martins/council part of the deal.

The consortiums thoughts as you know are that he is saving 50mill for not having to build a stadium so 20mill back to them is not asking to much. I actually do not think they are relying on it.
yes i understand that, but if its the main reason holding this up from their perspective isnt it just best to let go of that part. How much longer will they be happy paying wages etc to keep the club going before enough is enough? problem is that they have already invested considerable funds into the club so would be hard to walk away now but common sense eventually must prevail and they decide thats it we cant go on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back