• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

Pubs, music venues, airports, railway lines and many other businesses all get this sort of complaint. People should do some research before moving.
If persons are moaning about the noise and living behind the south stand, then just imagine all the complaints you will have at the fossets farm ground.
Everyone in the corner flats, and those above the main stand if the 16000 goes ahead all moaning about the noise, the alarms going of, flood lights staying on, etc... etc...

Reactions: jnl
Lord Football (a source of the 2% of information that is reliable ) posted that the outstanding issue related to the West Stand roof and would be fixed Monday. I guess therefore is Monday for a reason and it will be sorted.. I.e known specific outstanding issue and plan in place to fix it

Rather than long queue for a wobbly pint of Fosters and a Wagon Wheel the WS need to up its game with a more international theme.....Arrive in private hired tuk tuk, have a fight with an Auzzie over a ladyboy and then get robbed at gun point by Policia would be a good start any evening.

Reminds me a normal run ashore in the mob 😆

any updates from today? I was on the understanding that Lawrence wanted tradesmen in today (plumbers bricklayers etc) and non-trades to come in tomorrow for cleaning so they don’t all get in each others way.
As I posted yesterday there was a fair bit going on around 2pm when I visited the club shop 🤔

Unfortunately I am unable to participate tomorrow as I live outside the area now. I applaud anybody who will be able to help. It would be great to see some before and after photos, also so Chris Phillips or other journalists can put a piece together showing us to be the proud community club that we are.Our incredible fan base and staff pulling together despite years of adversity and now being pushed to the brink by a cruel, greedy and delusional chairman. All those years on from how we began at Roots Hall in 1955. What a powerful message that would send!

Last edited:
Pubs, music venues, airports, railway lines and many other businesses all get this sort of complaint. People should do some research before moving.

The funniest two I recall are firstly the bloke who moved into a house opposite the village church and then complained about the church bells, and secondly the bloke who moved into the seaside village on Morecambe Bay and complained about the siren warning of the incoming tide - it was being sounded too early in the morning at weekends when he was trying to have a lie in (must have been related to King Canute).

Back