• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Heard a rumour that as of Saturday we only had a safety cert for the east stand and the 3 others haven't yet been signed off.

I'm sure they will be soon
I don't think that's a rumour, the stands are always certified separately and, with two weeks still before the season starts, there's plenty of time. The East naturally had to be done for the Gillingham match.

We have suggested to the Club that they call on the greater SUFC supporting public for another community day spruce up and the ball is in their court at the moment.

I don't think that's a rumour, the stands are always certified separately and, with two weeks still before the season starts, there's plenty of time. The East naturally had to be done for the Gillingham match.
Indeed this was heavily implied when the club announced ticket sales for Gillingham:
Only the Foxhie East Stand and the Solopress North Bank (for away supporters) will be open for this fixture. Work is ongoing on the Gilbert & Rose Stand and the South Stand to ensure that these areas will be ready for the York City game on Saturday, 10 August, as we expect a bumper crowd for the opening fixture.
(At least, this is what I assumed they were referring to when I read it, given last minute safety certificate work has now become a core part of our pre-season)

Indeed this was heavily implied when the club announced ticket sales for Gillingham:

(At least, this is what I assumed they were referring to when I read it, given last minute safety certificate work has now become a core part of our pre-season)
It may well be that there is not "safety" work going on but simply work; improving toilets, food etc AND a safety inspection can not be expected to be satisfactory for any unfinished project.
I don't read any "last minute" stuff into it, just working, knowing there is over a week+ before first game.
#nopanic

I've just watched this video again about the transformation of Fratton Park (featuring our very own @Sherif H !)

It's worth watching as it looks like Portsmouth faced many similar issues there to the ones we face at Roots Hall - principally reduced capacity due to ground safety issues.

Let's hope COSU are talking to Sherif's guys as they clearly know their stuff and I'm sure learned a lot from the Fratton Park experience that could be used in the transformation of Roots Hall.

Was it mentioned before that either Tom Lawrence, or Justin went down to Fratton with Sherif H.
I didn’t know that, very positive news.
I also love the idea of using experts who are also fans.
I've just watched this video again about the transformation of Fratton Park (featuring our very own @Sherif H !)

It's worth watching as it looks like Portsmouth faced many similar issues there to the ones we face at Roots Hall - principally reduced capacity due to ground safety issues.

Let's hope COSU are talking to Sherif's guys as they clearly know their stuff and I'm sure learned a lot from the Fratton Park experience that could be used in the transformation of Roots Hall.

worth looking at their website for more examples of their work

I didn’t know that, very positive news.
I also love the idea of using experts who are also fans.

worth looking at their website for more examples of their work

I think @Sherif H mentioned the Bristol Rovers example on here previously and I thought their new stand looks like a similar size to the North Bank.

One of the big challenges though will be that it seems we will need to totally knock down and rebuild the East Stand. As this is currently the only place for hospitality at the moment we will need something else in the interim - possibly for a whole season. The North would probably be the best location for this too as there don’t really seem to be any feasible options for this in the South or West.

Let’s all remember that COSU FC Limited have been in charge properly for about five minutes, and already great strides have been made in brining the Home of the Thames Estuary Galacticos up to some sort of standard worthy of the name. RH is old, it has not been maintained so let’s give them a break and see how good in comparison the old girl looks like at the end of the season when proper plans can be implemented.

At the moment, we are still fire fighting to ensure we can have as bigger capacity as possible for the opening game and am sure (as posters such as @Cricko and @OldBlueLady have already said) plans are afoot but will take time to implement.

Back