• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Olympic Games 2024 Paris

What, guessing? Haha….
You do realise I agree with you don't you? My point is that your first comment made it sound cut and dried. All I'm doing is pointing out that, from the judges perspective, there were other possible reasons for the clay to break.

You do realise I agree with you don't you? My point is that your first comment made it sound cut and dried. All I'm doing is pointing out that, from the judges perspective, there were other possible reasons for the clay to break.
Yep, I know hence the….’haha’. It was just a very poor way imo for the final to end irrespective of who was competing…

And the French couldnt organise a ****up in a brewery , worst run and organised Olympics in the history of the games

Reactions: jnl
Disappointing to see Team GB having so little participation in the field events 😕
We seem to be slightly better at sports where you have to sit down ....it was a real shame that Molly Caudery failed to get to the pole vault final as she was more than capable of medalling, based on form.

I reckon Josh Kerr would have benefitted from rear mirrors on his sunglasses last night. That way, after seeing off Jakob Ingebrigtsen, he would have realised that there was a sneaky little American about to whizz past him. Just goes to show everyone was in the race, not just the two of them.

I reckon Josh Kerr would have benefitted from rear mirrors on his sunglasses last night. That way, after seeing off Jakob Ingebrigtsen, he would have realised that there was a sneaky little American about to whizz past him. Just goes to show everyone was in the race, not just the two of them.
Ingebrigtsen keeps the inside lane around the bend, then he moves out, slightly across Josh into lane 2, final straight, causing small slowing with lateral lane shift for both runners: AND that opened lane 1 for the American to charge through past the others, on the inside, which if the Norwegian was running his own race, not looking to spoil Kerr's, he would not have had the space to get by.
However superb race and fast fast times.

Ingebrigtsen keeps the inside lane around the bend, then he moves out, slightly across Josh into lane 2, final straight, causing small slowing with lateral lane shift for both runners: AND that opened lane 1 for the American to charge through past the others, on the inside, which if the Norwegian was running his own race, not looking to spoil Kerr's, he would not have had the space to get by.
However superb race and fast fast times.
I said much the same to my wife. If Ingebrigsten would have kept to the inside the American would have had to pull out into the 2nd lane, which would have ruined his chances.

I think he was too worried about Kerr going past him, which ultimately cost him a medal of any colour.

As you say though, great race.

Last edited:
Fantastic race and both shot them self in the foot, pace was unbelievable and Kerr did well to hold 2 nd spot
Big lesson learnt, run your own race and don’t worry about others
Fair play to Hocker never gave up or stopped believing

Absolutely, I so wanted Hudson-Smith to get that gold. He was so close he could hear the anthem! Gutted for him, and he looked distraught.

Back