• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Olympic Games 2024 Paris

Really felt for Beth and Kyle too.
Just goes to show

Mind you the Trampoline with Bryony was superb.

Lovely to see Andy Murray watching the GB women's hockey match this morning.

He's out of the Olympics and his career is over. He could so easily be a prima donna about it and go home, but not Andy. He's just not like that.

Last edited:
Really felt for Beth and Kyle too.
Just goes to show

Mind you the Trampoline with Bryony was superb.
The crash Kyle was in looked really nasty.

Seems weird to me that the heats and semis are 3 races with pts determining who goes through then the final is one race. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Same happened in the windsurfing this morning, GB woman had dominated qualifying races then in final one of race finished third, she was distraught.

The format for the windsurfing was changed, much to the detriment of our woman who was by far the best in the competition and in previous Olympics would have won gold before completing all the the qualifying races. Little wonder she was so badly upset after the final race.

Break-dancing is not, and never will be, a sport.

The format for the windsurfing was changed, much to the detriment of our woman who was by far the best in the competition and in previous Olympics would have won gold before completing all the the qualifying races. Little wonder she was so badly upset after the final race.

I don’t know why sometimes the committee and powers that be feel they need to change some things and some changes are not always for the better either.

Agree on all of that.

There's also a clue in the name. It's called break-dancing. If that's included then why not ballet and tap?

I don’t know why sometimes the committee and powers that be feel they need to change some things and some changes are not always for the better either.
There's nothing wrong with experimenting. Some times it will work and other times not.

However, some things aren't worth it at all, such as break-dancing because, however skillful it is, it just can't be classified as a sport.

There's nothing wrong with experimenting. Some times it will work and other times not.

However, some things aren't worth it at all, such as break-dancing because, however skillful it is, it just can't be classified as a sport.
When you think tug of war and Architecture was in the Olympics why not go modern with break dancing , just because we don’t understand or do the activities shouldn’t be stopped when thousands around the world participate x

When you think tug of war and Architecture was in the Olympics why not go modern with break dancing , just because we don’t understand or do the activities shouldn’t be stopped when thousands around the world participate x
It was town planning, and we're still Olympic champions. In the same way, apparently, France are still the silver medalists in cricket.

However, I'm not denying the skill and athleticism of break-dancing. My point is that it's a form of art, not a sport. As I also said, why stop at break-dancing? Why not also have ballet and tap?

No netball or squash this Olympics, rather liked that Taekwondo.

Our shooter wins silver but misses out on the possibility of gold when the officials at the Skeet don’t recognise when a clay has been clearly hit….doh!

No netball or squash this Olympics, rather liked that Taekwondo.

Our shooter wins silver but misses out on the possibility of gold when the officials at the Skeet don’t recognise when a clay has been clearly hit….doh!
It's not so cut and dried. It could have been hit, but the commentators also pointed out earlier in the competition that it is possible for a clay to be faulty and break by itself. I'm guessing that's what the judges believed happened as I believe it was the 1st of the two. If it was the 2nd there's also the possibility that a fragment from the first clay hit the 2nd one.

Basically there are other possibilities other than she hit it. I'd have loved her protest to have succeeded though.

First clay flew low from right to left, a piece clearly broke off in conjunction with the shot being made, that was before the second clay passed overhead flying from left to right. If a clay manages to break itself apart in flight surely it has to be voided from the competition as it’s incomplete (broken) and a smaller target i.e. faulty equipment. Yet again at a sport at this Olympics no technology on site for assessing key decisions.

First clay flew low from right to left, a piece clearly broke off in conjunction with the shot being made, that was before the second clay passed overhead flying from left to right. If a clay manages to break itself apart in flight surely it has to be voided from the competition as it’s incomplete (broken) and a smaller target i.e. faulty equipment. Yet again at a sport at this Olympics no technology on site for assessing key decisions.
You may have a point, and I might agree with you, but our opinion doesn't count for anything if the rules are agreed in advance. For clarity, I don't know if that is the case, I'm just pointing out it's not as cut and dried as you made it out to be.

Believe in shooting terms a duff clay from a trap is voided? It would have been cut-and-dried had they had utilised technology on-site, they didn’t have any in place so effectively it came down to a guess…

Believe in shooting terms a duff clay from a trap is voided? It would have been cut-and-dried had they had utilised technology on-site, they didn’t have any in place so effectively it came down to a guess…
Thems the rules/breaks I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Back