• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teams coming up from NL South and North..

Back in the day I remember watching Southend United play at Bath, when Bristol Rovers was homeless and played there home games in Bath. many moons ago.
That takes me back - it was a bus ride from Bath to Twerton Park back in February '89, as I recall. A rainy afternoon on an open terrace. 0-0 draw but we had a David Crown 20 yard free-kick cracker disallowed as (I think it was) Nicky Smith was ruled offside.

It's a tidy little ground at present. Holds 3,500 and we have permission to improve the main terrace by covering and expanding it taking us to around 4,200. Good views but you as away fans would get only 500 or so tickets I would guess in an open corner but decent sightlines in my opinion all round the ground.

A large part of the fan base, myself included, are not desperate for promotion but I've got a vested interest as I live in County Durham and it's a long old schlep for matches. Being able to leave home at 12 noon and get to a fair few aways would be personally great; other Rebels would have a very different opinion.
I’d have thought entrance /exits would need improvement for segregation purposes. Has anything been done about upgrading the side opposite the main stand, still had (flat) hard standing and the grass bank behind on my last visit?

I’d have thought entrance /exits would need improvement for segregation purposes. Has anything been done about upgrading the side opposite the main stand, still had (flat) hard standing and the grass bank behind on my last visit?
The North side has terracing and planning permission was granted for redevelopment earlier this week, link below

As to 3,000 home fans and 500 away, the numbers are in that approx proportion due to how we can segregate, position of turnstyles etc. We have already covered the West Terrace this season and the ground has been markedly improved over the past 10 years

Fair enough Mick, I'm not its greatest fan myself but from an economic point of view it makes sense. The ground is being hired out to others and used for our various teams all week and the income resulting from bar use is also very welcome.

Fair enough Mick, I'm not its greatest fan myself but from an economic point of view it makes sense. The ground is being hired out to others and used for our various teams all week and the income resulting from bar use is also very welcome.
Of course. The benefits, both economic and from a community aspect, are compelling. In fact for many clubs a 3G facility is a positive lifeline especially in a small town with few other sporting facilities.

Few clubs are in the fortunate position of Needham Market, just promoted to Step 2, who were able to build a 3G pitch adjacent to the grass one to realise all the benefits but continue to play their senior mens football on grass.

i went to the Braintree v Bath game last night. Highlights, spoke to John White, Saw Ollie Kens tucking into chips and also Shak Coulthirst. Game was dreadful with little quality, neither team would do well next season in the NL. As for the ground, the away end terrace was pretty decent and there is also a segregation gate half way down the covered terrace behind the dugouts. Not loads of seating but similar to Maidenhead i would say. Guess the away terrace could probably hold around 1000 or so but dont know for sure. Would prefer Braintree to Aveley or chelmsford and cant comment on Worthing

i went to the Braintree v Bath game last night. Highlights, spoke to John White, Saw Ollie Kens tucking into chips and also Shak Coulthirst. Game was dreadful with little quality, neither team would do well next season in the NL. As for the ground, the away end terrace was pretty decent and there is also a segregation gate half way down the covered terrace behind the dugouts. Not loads of seating but similar to Maidenhead i would say. Guess the away terrace could probably hold around 1000 or so but dont know for sure. Would prefer Braintree to Aveley or chelmsford and cant comment on Worthing
What was the parking like?Attended a few times and struggled to park once ended up in a field nightmare getting out

Good estimate (or research) - At 553 they have just three more seats than Maidenhead.

The "away terrace" holds, allegedly 1,400 which I would have thought was a squeeze.

Ridiculously unfair assessment of the game. Do you watch much football at this level? It was a good match frequently end-to-end but one in which both teams enjoyed periods of dominance. It was played at a fast pace with mistakes aplenty, especially shooting, and, for an important match, it was played in a remarkably good spirit. Well refereed by Niall Smith from Staffordshire.

Their record attendance for football in the ground is 6,000 which has been achieved three times. Rayleigh Athletic featured in one of those matches, Leigh Ramblers in another.

Good estimate (or research) - At 553 they have just three more seats than Maidenhead.

The "away terrace" holds, allegedly 1,400 which I would have thought was a squeeze.

Ridiculously unfair assessment of the game. Do you watch much football at this level? It was a good match frequently end-to-end but one in which both teams enjoyed periods of dominance. It was played at a fast pace with mistakes aplenty, especially shooting, and, for an important match, it was played in a remarkably good spirit. Well refereed by Niall Smith from Staffordshire.

Their record attendance for football in the ground is 6,000 which has been achieved three times. Rayleigh Athletic featured in one of those matches, Leigh Ramblers in another.
not an unfair assessment at all. A few good chances but too many over hit long hopeful balls. Game improved as the players tired as more space became available. Even the bath manager turned round and apologised during the second half which was largely a non event. Its all about opinions, but the five of us there were glad when it was over. As for this level, ive watched quite a few Chelmsford games and also Billericay (level below). Chelmsford play some good stuff as do Billericay although they benefit from the astro

The North side has terracing and planning permission was granted for redevelopment earlier this week, link below

As to 3,000 home fans and 500 away, the numbers are in that approx proportion due to how we can segregate, position of turnstyles etc. We have already covered the West Terrace this season and the ground has been markedly improved over the past 10 years
Noticed some of the improvements over the years though whereabouts in the ground might you envisage away fans being situated? Only recall one main entrance / turnstile area on Woodside Road. It’s a pretty enclosed stadium amongst the houses..

Noticed some of the improvements over the years though whereabouts in the ground might you envisage away fans being situated? Only recall one main entrance / turnstile area on Woodside Road. It’s a pretty enclosed stadium amongst the houses..
North Eat corner is the away section with its own turnstyle

That section limited on catering / loos from recollection. How do home fans get to the West / North sides without passing away fans?

Back