• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teams coming up from NL South and North..

It is a grass pitch, surely ?

They have a plastic training pitch.
It is a hybrid “grass and fibres” apparently, so the groundsman told me. Certainly not a full on 3G like Bromley and Dorking.

We should have similar at FF, if the rat stops ****ing about and pays his debts.

That what is said to Jack Lemmon by Joe E Brown at the end of the film when Lemmon is listing reasons why he can't marry Oscar. The final one being because I am a man.

Which gets the response: Well, nobody's perfect.
Yeah I'd already worked that out thanks.(Memo to self:-Try not to go on SZ relatively late at night,after a couple of beers.Also pay attention to what your fellow zoners say ,rather than going off on one). :Winking:

Last edited:
It is a hybrid “grass and fibres” apparently, so the groundsman told me. Certainly not a full on 3G like Bromley and Dorking.

We should have similar at FF, if the rat stops ****ing about and pays his debts.
Indeed and that's classified as grass. At FF ???? Have I missed something.

From a very selfish point of view up here at my home in Lincolnshire 16 miles from Boston, it would be handy to have Boston United promoted. However, even though their old ground in the middle of the town (that some of you would have visited back in the days when the likes of Lawrie Dudfield and Leon Constantine were our chief strikers) is still in existence, it has been awaiting non-football-related "redevelopment" for several years and the club has a new, smaller purpose-built ground on the outskirts of the town that would probably not cope with big numbers of away supporters. Although Scunthorpe is in North Lincolnshire, it is 40-odd miles from me but the Scunthorpe fans deserve their club being promoted after going through a very real danger of it going out of existence earlier this season. They won the fight to keep their club alive.
The whole Scunny situation is still a bit unclear, much like us they are in a better place than last season but nothings final yet.

As for Boston, their old ground not being used sounds an awful lot like Rotherham, unlike them though their new ground looks like an afterthought next to the land rover dealer and maccys

Been to Tamworth a couple of times when I was younger when my sister was called up for the essex squad ten pin bowling team. Tamworth football ground was opposite a bas Vegas style place with cinemas hotels etc right next to the ground was a big indoor snowdome for skiing etc. Will be looking to go up there next year for this one

I’ve been to Chorley for a function, decent sized bar. Bit of a pain to get to.

Curzon Ashton is easier to get to just off the M60 and good tram links. Ikea just up the road if you need to drop the missus off for a couple of hours. Stadium is pretty unremarkable though.

Chester look out of the running now, for selfish reasons I’m hoping Ashton come up (it’s even closer than Oldham for me)

I’ve been to Chorley for a function, decent sized bar. Bit of a pain to get to.

Curzon Ashton is easier to get to just off the M60 and good tram links. Ikea just up the road if you need to drop the missus off for a couple of hours. Stadium is pretty unremarkable though.

Chester look out of the running now, for selfish reasons I’m hoping Ashton come up (it’s even closer than Oldham for me)
A little further than me than Oldham but I would take that!

In terms of location would Brackley be best? Shame Hereford look done
If you're travelling by car, yes. Public transport in the area is poor and involves a train to Banbury and then a bus.
If they come up, expect a view of the pitch similar to Oxford City, Wealdstone or Dorking. Its probably the worst ground of all the playoff contenders in the North.

3 Essex sides in the play offs in the national League south

Aveley
Braintree
Chelmsford

Would be a massive achievement if Aveley were to get promoted
Would be nice to see but can you imagine trying to get a ticket to a match. Even if you did obtain one I'd imagine we'd be penned in like at King's Lynn.

Any of those come up I'd be seriously considering going in the home end just for a bit of breathing space.

Back