• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ Trivia Challenge and Sporcle

Yeah, how the f%&k am I supposed to know anything about insular US sports such as NHL, NASCAR, basketball, baseball?!? I didn't vote for Sport either; I quite liked the Science and Technology -- at least I had a chance ...

I reckon Sport should be a banned topic, it's just too bloody Americanised...

There were some very obscure questions in my selection today -- World of Outlaw Championships?! Who wears the No 22 shirt for some pikey netball / basketball (whatever) team in Denver or somewhere? Who was called "the Great one?" Still, i shouldn't really complain -- I got 10/10 yesterday with some very lucky guesses. Still, I think it needs to be changed again. History & Geography please ...

I think that's quite lucky Mike, I had questions such as who was the first person to wear an earring in NASCAR or someting and which two people were not brothers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Aug. 14 2006,11:32)]I think that's quite lucky Mike, I had questions such as who was the first person to wear an earring in NASCAR or someting and which two people were not brothers
Ah! I had that one as well!!

biggrin.gif

Hmmm, I'm not one to pre-judge or assume anything but surely theres some 'bending of the rules' going on here? Mentioning no names, you get 10/10 and answer all 10 in 30 seconds? I'm no scientist but thats 3 seconds a question? Surely not?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Can't imagine who you'd be talking about
biggrin.gif

Rest assured there's no rule-bending going on from me, as was made clear by my lack of knowledge of baseball, yank football and NASCAR! General knowledge just happens to be my useless talent (as seen on TV).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Aug. 17 2006,18:41)]Hmmm, I'm not one to pre-judge or assume anything but surely theres some 'bending of the rules' going on here? Mentioning no names, you get 10/10 and answer all 10 in 30 seconds? I'm no scientist but thats 3 seconds a question? Surely not?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
30 seconds? It certainly took me longer than that!!! Not sure which record you were looking at!!

And 10 again today!!! In all fairness though, many of the questions were the same as yesterday so I knew what the answers were!!
wink.gif

Lots of cheating going on. I certainly dont cheat (and im sure you can all tell that!) ...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 18 2006,13:19)]Lots of cheating going on. I certainly dont cheat (and im sure you can all tell that!) ...

laugh.gif
And I don't cheat either, Kev, if that's your insinuation.

Keep it up and I can sue you for defamation

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 18 2006,13:19)]Lots of cheating going on. I certainly dont cheat (and im sure you can all tell that!) ...

laugh.gif
I don't cheat either - as is blatantly clear from the many 3's and 4's that I've scored!! Just lucky with the questions today!!

Well, when the questions are a) easy and b) repetitive, you quickly get used to the answers. If, like Sid James (and unlike me -
mad.gif
) you have a roller mouse, it's a piece of **** to answer them in no time at all.

Get in!!

My 3rd day, my first 10/10!

I take too l0ong though, I do not get how some of you do it in 40 seconds, I cant read the questions that fast!

Basically, if you read the answers before the questions, many of them are obvious ie:

a) New York w%&kees
b) New York Yankees
c) New York Spankees
d) New York Leeboy

You don't need the question to know the answer and it only takes a couple of seconds on each one if you're lucky enough to know them all. I've had a 29 I think, though this was more common on the stupid S&T category!

Back