• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ Trivia Challenge and Sporcle

Well done, Hils!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 03 2006,21:38)]Matt The Shrimp.

Go to "Hall of Fame" at the top of the page.

1. B******s - who let that speccy ****** win?

2. Cheers
smile.gif

Well, that's the trouble with US-centric software. As we all know, most Yanks fail to acknowledge that there is intelligent life outside of their country, they think that they are the centre of the world, blah, blah, blah, so any Mixed Bag questions are unlikely to feature any topics of any interest to the rest of the world. A question about a pilot sitcom that lasted just one episode on some provincial channel in Delaware is unlikely to be greeted with lasting joy by someone in the UK ... I say bring back "History and Geography"; at least they realised that they HAD to leave their shores to find questions. As for "United Kingdom:Harder", it seems they just picked up a few volumes of the Britannica and selected randomly ... we SHOULD know the answers but some of the questions are so bizarre, you'll need to be a University Professor of English History to succeed (or get lucky with the questions)! But at least it gives all of us a chance (except Seth of course but he gets his monthly dose of easy questions when we have "Mixed Bag") ...

wink.gif

I think we'll stick with UK Harder for the moment. Seems most of the other categories give too many people the chance to get 10.

Can anyone well versed in their history tell me whether the Palmerston mentioned in this quiz was the same as Lord Palmerston who had several fallings out with Thomas Cochrane?

If it is, I'm severely rueing my decision to quickly guess it and move on when I knew full well he was home secretary. In fact, I think I just answered my own question.

Incidentally, his old house along Piccadilly is marked with a plaque about halfway between Hyde Park Corner and Green Park stations.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sussex by the sea @ Aug. 08 2006,09:10)]10/10 Smiffy, they were so easy I reckon you could have got 3 of those - much easier than Science & Technology anyway.
I actually managed 10 myself I'll have you know...

I love the way you are still desperately trying to find something to have a pop at me about...

What's the matter?.. still smarting over the fact that yourself (A Uni Grad) is getting well and truly done like a kipper on the SZ Trivia Challenge, by myself (with modest GCSE's)?!...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There is an error with the sports questions.

A message appeared saying no questions could be found yet the clock has been started........

Back