• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I still have an issue with Leon Cort after he scored a goal against us for Palace and was kissing the badge and running around like he had just scored an FA cup winning goal. Maybe I should let it go. 😕

Thing is at this level you rarely face pacey strikers but big units, so if he can read the game he will be good, but if it's down to his legs then I fear another Phillips.. But give him a chance he has pedigree and I loved him in his first spell

He always struck me as an athletic player rather than a great reader of the game. That poses problems when a player gets older and loses the pace that often made up for positional errors etc.

I would be pleased to have Cort back, he is older and wiser and know how to win games with his experience so that is an plus.

All I can say is thank god your club wasn't anywhere near big enough to tempt Leonard away.

We didn't try - he was being looked at, but we secured our top target in that position (Pritchard) and didn't make an offer. You are sadly deluded if you think Leonard wouldn't have jumped at the chance to play in League One, as I'm sure your recent chastening experiences attempting to compete with the might of Gillingham and Yeovil in the transfer market have taught you.

Not as quiet as you went after you fluffed a massive lead or the play off final despite being 2-0 up or as quiet as you were after you embarrassed yourself squeezing your plump figure into a pair of figure hugging shorts that would nt have fitted you when you were ten.

Oh, David, David, David. We were beaten to automatic promotion by two bigger, better sides, one of whom had a 25 million pound budget. I can deal with that, and equally well with losing out to Rotherham in the final. Revell's second goal was magnificent, and neither side deserved to lose. I'm approaching this coming season with excitement and optimism. Are you?

Pps. Pity you're being such a pussywhipped benderchops about the upcoming soirée - I was going to wear the shorts especially for you (in a Jason & Kylie sort of way).

Oh, David, David, David. We were beaten to automatic promotion by two bigger, better sides, one of whom had a 25 million pound budget. I can deal with that, and equally well with losing out to Rotherham in the final. Revell's second goal was magnificent, and neither side deserved to lose. I'm approaching this coming season with excitement and optimism. Are you?

Pps. Pity you're being such a pussywhipped benderchops about the upcoming soirée - I was going to wear the shorts especially for you (in a Jason & Kylie sort of way).

Cheers for the invite but the thought of seeing you in the shorts would be too much for my pussywhipped benderchops stomach to cope with.

Pps - very confident on this season thanks x

We didn't try - he was being looked at, but we secured our top target in that position (Pritchard) and didn't make an offer. You are sadly deluded if you think Leonard wouldn't have jumped at the chance to play in League One, as I'm sure your recent chastening experiences attempting to compete with the might of Gillingham and Yeovil in the transfer market have taught you.

You call Pritchard a top target. You lost by far your best player by a mile and replace him with Pritchard....:eek:

I still have an issue with Leon Cort after he scored a goal against us for Palace and was kissing the badge and running around like he had just scored an FA cup winning goal. Maybe I should let it go. 

I can understand your statement however I don't think Leon was getting much "love" from the Blues fans; maybe his reaction was a form of miming banter.
He could be a Sodje type and have a good season for us IMO.

You call Pritchard a top target. You lost by far your best player by a mile and replace him with Pritchard....:eek:

Engage brain, old bean. Pritchard has been brought in to play in the centre of the park (as Leonard would have been). Not exactly going 'eek' at the thought of signing someone who has played 60+ games in the Championship over the past two seasons, either. I suppose you would have been disappointed to see him at Roots Hall...

Left back signing from the Championship today; two wingers and a striker to come. As I mentioned elsewhere, Odubajo is essentially irreplaceable, so we'll have to see how close Slade gets to managing it.

Well every time someone comes in on trial or trains with the team ,everyone starts getting a bit carried away and then get disappointed when they move on

I can understand your statement however I don't think Leon was getting much "love" from the Blues fans; maybe his reaction was a form of miming banter.

That's not how I remember it. We'd even sung his song at him before kick off.

Water under the bridge now.

If a week is a long time in politics, how long is a day in Southend's potential signings???? With all the talk of Cort, the Braintree game and other trialists...........WHAT HAPPENED WITH WORRAL????? In the Echo article it was difficult to interpret anything else apart from PB saying that he hoped to bring in Worral by the weekend...........SO WHAT'S HAPPENED???????

Back