• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey. We got a mention in the 10 o'clock news headlines on LBC mentioning the NL granting us a licence to play and detailing our HMRC debts. Surprised they felt it was newsworthy to be honest.

Blimey. We got a mention in the 10 o'clock news headlines on LBC mentioning the NL granting us a licence to play and detailing our HMRC debts. Surprised they felt it was newsworthy to be honest.
Guessing because it’s actual info. Lot of everything else is conjecture and fan angst. Took a long time even for CP to mention unpaid wages in the beginning…

It is of course a personal decision for every supporter to make.

Personally however I won’t be giving the club a penny until he’s gone and hope that resolve remains among the majority of our fanbase.

I can’t attend any way from here but if I was there right now I’d stay away. But I’d normally be buying a streaming subscription and ordering some kind of merch for my parents to send over to me.

Now is the time to tighten the grip of pressure on him IMO and make these deadlines set by the National League even more real and don’t buy him time with an injection of short term money.

Until Ron Martin is gone and gone for good we are a zombie club lurching from one disaster to the next.

In terms of news I know about. There is currently no updates that can be made, but be aware the people continue to work to find a way!

Yesterday, the club hosted representatives from an Australian investment firm at Boots and Laces. Unsure if anyone knows anything more than this, but I know for a fact it happened!

In terms of news I know about. There is currently no updates that can be made, but be aware the people continue to work to find a way!

Yesterday, the club hosted representatives from an Australian investment firm at Boots and Laces. Unsure if anyone knows anything more than this, but I know for a fact it happened!
So what about the 5 business men then?

Thanks Crate for the update.
So, its not nailed on that it will be the 5 local businessmen who will take over?

So what about the 5 business men then?
If I recall, did Carl Reader not originally have a pension investment fund from Australia that were looking to put capital up? I could be adding 2+2 and getting 5, but just based on this 5 man local businessmen part and knowing that Carl had investors from from Australia before, I guess there is a small possibility.

I mean this is assuming Carl is even part of this 5 man team.

For any doubt this is pure speculation on my part, I have know inside info.

If I recall, did Carl Reader not originally have a pension investment fund from Australia that were looking to put capital up? I could be adding 2+2 and getting 5, but just based on this 5 man local businessmen part and knowing that Carl had investors from from Australia before, I guess there is a small possibility.

It may, or may not be Carl. But I doubt he has any international investors now waiting for the action given FF is off the bid table. There would be no investment value in that package. That's not to say he doesn't have other possible financial avenues to go down.

If it’s Macquarie then no thanks - we’ve already had one owner load us with their debt, we don’t need another!

I’ve just spoke to Carl and it’s not his people! Which I would have been surprised if it had been anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back