• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

In view of the speculation surrounding the sale, and future of the club, I agreed when talking with supporters on Saturday to set down the principal terms we could accept.

It may not be the legacy I wished for the club, but the club’s survival is of most importance. The interested parties have shared the view for a simple deal.

• The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1.
  • Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago.
  • We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between.
  • I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost.
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors.
There has been much misinformation and many inaccurate rumours. I hope this statement clears that up.
Blimey. Well if Kimura or anybody else were ever serious I assume they will be dashing down to Benfleet Road & not sparing the horses...

Regarding the department for levelling up, they did just fund Wrexham's new stand, so it isn't a pluck out of thin air from AF. It's probably also why Mullin's '**** the tories' boots getting fast backlash from the club leadership.

At some future point RH would be worth a number of multiples of that (8/9) as a development site if another stadium was available whether at FF or not..TBF to Ron (which is absolutely verboten) if this is serious then its a genuine opportunity for any serious buyer. Ball well and truly in the current buyers court- and might attract others in short order.

In view of the speculation surrounding the sale, and future of the club, I agreed when talking with supporters on Saturday to set down the principal terms we could accept.

It may not be the legacy I wished for the club, but the club’s survival is of most importance. The interested parties have shared the view for a simple deal.

• The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1.
  • Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago.
  • We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between.
  • I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost.
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors.
There has been much misinformation and many inaccurate rumours. I hope this statement clears that up.
So about £6m plus £1 gets the club, Roots Hall and clears all outstanding debts?

Plus whatever the new training ground cost to truly get rid of Ron

From what Anna F said of the NL list of requirements, I thought it was staggering (if it is indeed the case) that a list of football - related creditors is still to be provided by the Great Helmsman. It must have been put together weeks ago for the prospective buyers. Anna is seemingly doing her best. Regarding the Safety Certificate, I took her to indicate that she wanted the Council to step up and do whatever it could speedily to facilitate its grant. Presumably she meant have officers standing by to carry out necessary inspections. She was not, I think, suggesting the Council should fund the cost of obtaining it.
Come on GH, get cracking and do your bit.

If any buyer truly has the clubs best interests at heart then this deal seems a no brainer?

We stay at our spiritual home and renovate it, with scope for an entirely new East Stand with all the facilities FF could bring, Ron is no longer involved at all, and all for around £6-10m (depending on training ground purchase/cost) + stadium renovation costs (which @Sherif H has consistently said won’t necessarily be any more expensive than FF).

Sounds like it’s time for the potential buyers to step up to the plate.

Unless their interest is getting some of the money out of the FF development. In which case they’re really no better than Ronald.

This doesn't make sense.

Can be spread over a period of time.

It is though before the start of the NL season though isn't it?

HMRC - 1 million - to release the embargo.

So at a minimum, we need 1mil plus safety certificate costs to begin the season.

Have I missed something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back