• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things have gone a bit quiet on the takeover front, we can only hope that this is because negotiations and Those words are banned are going on behind the scenes and everyone involved is bound by Non-Disclosure Agreements - which is quite normal in such things as outlined above.

I've been reflecting on the possibility of an American takeover and feel that, for all the reasons outlined in Matt Slater's article (decent fanbase, near London, currently underperforming), we might be an attractive proposition to a yank with deep pockets.

The Wrexham project can only have helped this and if part of their Those words are banned involved following events at the Racecourse Ground on Easter Monday to check out what National League football is like, then it can only have enhanced our prospects.

Yes, in recent years under Ron Martin's tenure we've been a bit of a basket case of a club but let's think of us as a bit of a "fixer-upper" and with proper fiscal management and some investment anyone could see that this club could fly.

I think Wrexham lost in the region of £3million in the first year of their takeover and hopefully whoever takes over will put aside a similar amount each year to bring the club similar levels of success.

I'm convinced that what we don't need is another property developer or investor whose aim is to make money from the club and its assets, we need someone like Wrexham's owners who have already got more money than they can possibly need and want a project that is going to be fun and rewarding for them and that they can get some personal satisfaction from achieving something. We could definitely be that project and for someone like Steve Nash - a former professional athlete - it could be his way of getting back the thrill and buzz of athletic achievement and the crowd chanting his name.

Hopefully with agents like Jez Moxey acting for us, alongside an articulate and passionate individual like Stan Collymore advocating for us we can attract just such a buyer.

It would be great if the Echo or the Trust could get an interview with Moxey for an update on how it's going and how long things are likely to take.
A fixer upper more like a money pit if there is a buyer let’s hope they have deep pockets and long arms.

Ron claims he was in the Great Britain Bobsleigh team for the 1980 winter Olympics, others claim he was in the squad.
B0EQPCRIUAAaW-8.jpg
Surprised he didn't make the first team considering what a slippery wotsit he is 🤣

The picture at Wrexham isn't as rosy as it seems for local fans. The success of the TV show has meant lots of transatlantic fans bumping up ticket prices and some season ticket holders are feeling a bit squeezed out in favour of newer, richer fans.

I think that's probably more to do with the TV show than an American owner but, as ever, it's careful what you wish for, innit.
Agreed. I also balk a bit at seeing Wrexham get the hollywood treatment. It’s not all it seems etc etc
My welsh father is deeply perplexed what they are doing there aha and annoyed they seem to be buying up houses. They do need to be careful as people won’t be too keen if rich Americans take over small welsh villages. It can get quite protectionist if they feel ‘outsiders’ have too much sway.
Within the next 50 years welsh will be spoken so much more in public so they better start learning!

SUFC would be a good buy for a person with deep pockets. A spot on the Essex Riviera, Longest pier in the world, Peter Pans playground what more could a person want lol, but seriously for a person with deep pockets apart from buying the club ,i reckon there would be a lot of potential for other investments there. I say this without knowing to much its just speculation as i havent visited there since 1987 , so i realise a lot has changed in that time .

SUFC would be a good buy for a person with deep pockets. A spot on the Essex Riviera, Longest pier in the world, Peter Pans playground what more could a person want lol, but seriously for a person with deep pockets apart from buying the club ,i reckon there would be a lot of potential for other investments there. I say this without knowing to much its just speculation as i havent visited there since 1987 , so i realise a lot has changed in that time .
Yes you can grow your own mushrooms in the mold and damp You can sit amoungst the pile of poo on the seats .And if you want a weee rember to take your wellies .Need i go on other than that it hasnt changd .Oh yes and bring a brolly because the stand roof leaks as well .

I dont know if this helps or hinders?

Why would a company register a charge?

A charge is a form of security that a company provides to a lender. The charge is over an asset. This gives the lender the right to take said asset and the proceeds of any sale of the asset, if the terms of agreement between the company and the lender are not met.

What does it mean when a company takes a charge?

A charge is a form of security over an asset which gives the charge-holder (typically a lender) the right to have the asset and its proceeds of sale appropriated to discharge the debt. Companies typically grant fixed and floating charges over their assets as security for their corporate borrowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back