• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were the days, Tuesday was a day of leisure on a Benidorm beach,. News Of The World in one hand, can of skol in the other and my hanky on my head.

Comparing baton bruises with your mate after a scuffle with overzealous security staff. Joking about Veronica and Brenda from Barnsley. Then some annoying sunburnt northerner with a silly Leeds sun hat starts to pester you about football......."Anyone fancy a pint".....And so another adventure begins......Anything can happen in the next 24hrs

Yes fond memories.

Yes as I said earlier the idea the info had just been coming from the Kimura side is wide of the mark..
Remember those in the club aren’t always getting the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Ron plays games. Ron moves goalposts..as of course you will know I guess
We can only hope the National league turn the screw, ok for now it'll most likely be more time given but that's time we don't have in terms of having a half decent season. Hopefully there'll be a 'hard stop' date/line drawn in the sand. This constant can kicking is no good for anyone (well, one man maybe). Now's the time for cards to be flipped over and people to step up.

Washed down with a pint of Carlsberg from a stupid waiter who don't speak English.
Feeling very generous on a good night out , ordering a round of drinks, but making the mistake of saying "same again " to the waiter and kind of pointing at everyone, only for the Waiter to turn up with 14 bottles of opened Sam Miguel !! Those on Gin and Tonics not happy

And that my friend represents everything that's wrong with football in the modern age. Plastic fans, inflated prices, overpaid and overrated players, pony rule changes, non-contact sport, proper supporters being priced out of the live match experience etc.
Football sold its soul long ago when the likes of Sky et al changed the sport forever.

Once upon a time it was a sport where it was a privilige to play for the badge, now it's all about the money and jack all else . . .

Football sold its soul long ago when the likes of Sky et al changed the sport forever.

Once upon a time it was a sport where it was a privilige to play for the badge, now it's all about the money and jack all else . . .
Yep agree, shame is football did it too it self. Players were asking for more money clubs didnt / couldnt say no (Bosman ruling perhaps) sky started throwing money at the clubs and pretty much all of the league clubs said yes please.

I shudder to say this but a tie up of worst for the club with a prem or championship club may pay dividends to a degree, I hate the idea of tht but it may do.

To see the players training today, has given me a breath of fresh air today. Yes was not many of them, but was a couple of faces I didn’t recognise.

My understanding is KIMURA are using third party funding for this, does anyone know if this is true and it’s not there own money?

Also, does anyone know if the football regulation of NOT being able to own a football agency whilst owning a club at the same time XL considering KIMURA own a % of the agency ISM would effect the deal going through?

So unless a leopard changes his spots we, as a club, are finished. Depressing doesn’t quite cover it.

How do we change the state of play?
That's the question, isn't it?

Mulling it over, whilst 'he who shall not be named' is incredibly thick-skinned and exists in his own little bubble, he's shown that he's not entirely impervious to outside pressure, but only if it reaches a crescendo.

Think back to Chesterfield at home in 21/22. You had protests, people marching on the pitch, Stan calling him to act on BBC Essex. It was coming at him from all sides and he made the right decision for the club. Granted it was 'just' a change of management, but at least he did it.

Earlier this year we had more protests, a judge giving him a final adjournment, MPs getting involved (yay) and he put the club up for sale. The timing may have been more to do with his own circumstances, but enough noise had been generated that he did something.

If we've got at most 41 days (probably less, depending on the NL meeting today) to save the club all we can do is try to create as much noise as possible from as many (legal) angles as possible to try to force his hand.

41 days of protesting outside wherever will be noticed - Roots Hall, the council, his house, BBC Essex(?!).

41 days of writing to whoever might be of influence (there have been some excellent suggestions posted earlier on this thread and on other threads). I live in Derby, so getting to a protest isn't going to happen, but I can write. Maybe those who know the legal jargon needed when talking to DCMS, the FA etc could give us some hints of things to include in any letters/emails?

41 days of trying to get the attention of the media so they turn the spotlight on him. Chris Phillips, Matt Slater and Kieran Maguire have all done their bit - let's encourage them to keep fighting the good fight, and try to get others involved.

41 days to do whatever we can think of to force him to back down, accept the deal on the table and clear off.

Like so many, I've been following this thread for months. There's so much passion, anger, frustration, and despair amongst us, as well as some really smart, clued-up folk who seem to know their way around the murky world of buying & selling a football club. We've got 41 days to turn all of that on our chairman. It might not achieve anything, but it'd be much better to know the club died despite our best efforts than to not try anything.

I'll shut up now...

To see the players training today, has given me a breath of fresh air today. Yes was not many of them, but was a couple of faces I didn’t recognise.

My understanding is KIMURA are using third party funding for this, does anyone know if this is true and it’s not there own money?

Also, does anyone know if the football regulation of NOT being able to own a football agency whilst owning a club at the same time XL considering KIMURA own a % of the agency ISM would effect the deal going through?

Where are they training?

If its boots and laces then that is a positive

Any fans free today to give there opinions of what the current situation is doing to them and how it’s making them feel?

I’m recording an interview with someone and would like to show the person how some are feeling. Can be done via zoom.
Free around 3.30 if that's any use.

Yes...."You are always two days behind us with the latest news"

Do you still have to wait in Spain for yesterdays tabloids to flown out on a prop plane? The Echo is probably two days.
No like everybody else I get it on the net and pay a fiver extra a month for the priviledge.

Thanks for your answer.Actually I was quoting yesterday's Echo article on the Chairman's statememt which i saw in the early hours (after I'd come back from a Chris Isaaak concert,.(You'll perhaps remember when we spoke earlier that I said that any deal concluded would involve the Chairman retaining control of Roots Hall and a sizeable chunk of FF.At the time according to you that wasn't what you said at all.

Unlikely to need third party funding in the immediacy (i.e. to get the club back on a vaguely competitive footing and do the basics like actually paying staff and utility bills etc.). For the longer term/larger projects (like the new stadium), they'd likely need third-party funding, but it's literally what they do for a living meaning liquidity would be ample.

🔧 in the works moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back