• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love it to be true. There was the rumour that he was sniffing around last year too, which makes me think it has legs.

There has been plenty of interest expressed from what I hear, most of which will be being passed onto Moxey and GSW.

The question will be how serious those parties are. Apparently the scope of interest ranges from just the club; to club and stadium; to club, stadium and a portion of the development; to the whole lot.

Some might say the most serious bidders will have some interest in the entire Fossetts development because that could the most financially sound/intelligent investment.

So many questions, including how serious Ron really is and whether he's open to selling a portion of the development, or even the entire Fossetts development, for the right price.
He doesn’t own the fossetts development, so it’s not his to sell.

Maybe but what followed with players paid, staff not paid, no signings when needed due to embargo are all mitigating factors. Hopefully Stan will bring a great job of selling what they are doing strategy wise/ long term planning. All of that should give Kev a season with drama and the chance to take the next step. And not sure ditching the management team would be a great start for a new only- the precise opposite- and if the new manager struggles a worse look still..

I'm not saying they deserve to be ditched but US owners will give him a very short time at best in order to at least look like a team that can play the sort of Football that gets you promoted from the NL.

Some were slagging Harry C on the post match thread for lack of headers (despite setting up the second goal with a header). What they didn't notice was that just before Half time Ralph had a great chance to deliver a cross for Harry making a good run right between the posts. Needless to say he chose a pointless pass and the move came to nothing. The most annoying bit was the exact same thing had happened about 2 minutes early from the right.

Some even want Harry gone in the summer. For him personally that may be a good option as because our own team aren't even aware of what could be. Same for GSM with great runs into space down the right that go unnoticed.......This hasn't changed all season, even when we are losing.

We lost 7 in a row after they were paid.

There has been endless posts of lame excuses about off field issues but in reality anyone who has had a proper job knows it’s absolute nonsense.

Most on here played Sunday football to escape life’s weekly struggles and never once blamed them for missing an open goal or failing to test a keeper in 90 minutes.

We cut Kev slack because he was a great player for us and is in his first job as a manager. New owners will want results….. That’s a fact.
Nonsense. At some points we needed reinforcements. Every other team did it, well certainly the ones at the top.

You posted about the budget earlier too. It wouldn’t surprise me if the top earners were lopata, Murphy and Hyde.

There has been endless posts of lame excuses about off field issues but in reality anyone who has had a proper job knows it’s absolute nonsense.

Most on here played Sunday football to escape life’s weekly struggles and never once blamed them for missing an open goal or failing to test a keeper in 90 minutes.

We cut Kev slack because he was a great player for us and is in his first job as a manager. New owners will want results….. That’s a fact.
Whilst every club was signing players we wasn't even playing ours. Maher's had the whole season since September when he couldn't resign dackers with his hands behind his back. I can't actually believe people want him gone 😂

Don't know if this is a coincidence but I just saw an air Canada plane circling over Southend airport and a load of Mounties drinking outside the blue boar.

Could be a diversion and or a bunch of fellas on a stag do but this lot looked pretty serious.

If I was in a job and I got paid 2 months later than I should of I wouldn't be motivated to work harder when I finally got paid, I'd still be holding a lot of resentment, not to mention I'd be wondering if next month's wages would actually come in on time.

If I was in a job and I got paid 2 months later than I should of I wouldn't be motivated to work harder when I finally got paid, I'd still be holding a lot of resentment, not to mention I'd be wondering if next month's wages would actually come in on time.
Only paid one month late, Feb was paid on time as was March. One month late is still not acceptable but as someone who has experienced similar it’s not great but it was only one month

I’m thought he was selling an opportunity (his words). That’s a very odd choice of words for someone who, according to many on hear, is absolutely selling the club.

If it was me, I’d be very explicit in saying “I have today put the club up for sale”. That he hasn’t clearly avoided being so transparent and having endured the disingenuous nature of Con Martin throughout his tumultuous tenure as chairman of our beloved club, I am struggling to believe the club is actually up for sale.

I genuinely would love to see concrete evidence that the club is up for sale. Until such point this is publicly available to all fans (a la Man Ure) I just can’t accept that the club is for sale.
Did you listen or read what he said or just pick up three words “selling an opportunity “ from the entire statement?

The “selling an opportunity “ was IIRC in connection to a question from CP in what exactly does a buyer get. But even without this extra context you only need to read the statement or any of the press articles

Snoop dogg being owner would certainly bring in a crowd, it's not very realistic is it?

Edit. Just seen that he's worth $165m and no doubt will have topped that up with his appearances at Wrestlemania a couple of weeks ago for a reported million per night. Crikey.

To be fair, for a lot of fans, this will be the first time in their Southend life, that the Club is involved in a sale, and not everyone would have been involved in selling a business either.

I’m in that category myself.
To add some more context. The company I work for buys up several companies each year. In 2013 we (ICE) bought “life”. Why do I mention it? It was an $11 billion deal that FOUR people knew about before it was announced- two at LIFFE, two at ICE. The week before we had told the press we had no interest .

Last edited:
To add some more context. The company I work for buys up several companies each year. In 2013 we (ICE) bought “life”. Why do I mention it? It was an $11 billion deal that FOUR people knew about before it was announced- two at ICE, two at ICE. The week before we had told the press we had no interest .
You couldn't have a chat with your guvnor about adding to his collection could you?.

Steve Nash net worth between 95million and 110 million dollars
If rumours about him wanting to buy our club are true that would be bloody amazing.

Hopefully its not a wind up.
i note he has some wealthy partners too. Some sort of consortium? Would be good to own club and stadium without a bundle of debt and extraordinary as it may seem £80 million net worth might be too much risk on his own- mind you, they say you can’t take it with you…

i note he has some wealthy partners too. Some sort of consortium? Would be good to own club and stadium without a bundle of debt and extraordinary as it may seem £80 million net worth might be too much risk on his own- mind you, they say you can’t take it with you…
His close partners are worth billions 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back