• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don’t have significant money then from where we are they will prove the old saying that fools and their money are easily parted…
Falling down stadium, losing £1-2m a year, big cash injection needed straight away to right the ship…and if they haven’t done a full DD they must be living on Mars.
No. They are very sensible people.

The trouble with this, no matter what way round is RM keeps Roots Hall, the land and all of the pot of gold. The club may limp along for a short while with no assests and a certain hated chairman calling the shots on rent etc. Worse than liquidation in my humble opinion!
Problem is we wouldn't have control over our own destiny which doesn't bode well for the future....... i personally don't think it's bad thing to start again ie wimbledon style. Yes it would be sad to see the original Southend united no longer but we just keep going from 1 disaster to another which is caused by Ron. This **** isn't fun, it's depressing and not good for fans mental wellbeing. Would I take phoenix club over Southend with ron still incharge? Yes I would, this madness has to stop!

I'm leaning towards this course as well. The info @ForeverBlue has been posting, is starting to make sense now. Be it who is hinted in his postings, or someone else, it looks more and more likely another buyer will need to be found. Unless of course Ron & Kimura come to terms at the 11th hour.

I'm now starting to wonder whether there is/was any intention from Ron at all of the club being sold to Kimura.
Spot on @Smithy with that last paragraph.

All I can see happening is Ron is putting his feet up at home Kimura will walk away from the deal tomorrow and back to square one with no hope at all
Unless someone else has tapped Ron up and is waiting for the period of exclusivity to end?

Is it possible that the Judge, after listening to Ron’s pleading spiel, insists that the deal is done and signed now as was pointed out at the last hearing as the deadline, or he will wind up the Club? Ultimately forcing Ron into accepting bid or killing the club? I’m assuming, of course, that Kimura will be in attendance!
Tomorrow is about a winding up order. It has no relevance to a sale or not.

Yep. He either accepts the offer, or his pigheadedness will probably lead us into an adjournment, further can kicking and an almost complete destruction of the playing/staff side of the club, perhaps worse if the NL take aim. I can fully see a Paul Sturrock-esque situation brewing, if he doesn't do the right thing in the next 24/36hrs.
And without Paul Sturrock !

Am sure the Kevolution won’t be hanging around. It really doesn’t bear thinking about.

If the **** hits the fan tomorrow, the Trust must immediately press for Roots Hall AND Fossets Farm to be listed as Assets of Community Value which at least stops the obnoxious toad from selling the land under the noses of the community.
Is there not an issue here though where the assets are owned by different companies to the one being wound up? We effectively rent it from South Eastern Leisure I thought?

No matter what we think of Ron Martin, I genuinely cannot understand why some people would favour either liquidation or expulsion from the NL simply to effectively teach Ron a lesson...

If the Judge winds us up tomorrow, it will be timed and that will be that. Done. We are no more.

Ron needs to have something concrete to rely on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back