• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on I’m totally confused with what’s going on at the moment and where the info is coming from.

Let me just get this right, London Shrimp says deal is close and Trevor FitzpatrickHatrick seemed to elude this was the case (sorry if I misunderstood)

Medway and a few others said they weren’t sure as hadn’t got anymore info from their source.

Rootshall rambler said it’s no deal from his source earlier and before London Shrimp tweet.

Now it’s a no deal apparently from the horses mouth via Mountin Dew (who hasn’t provided info of this kind before) however appears Medway and few others have now heard the same. From what I can gather was people protesting at Ron’s house and Mountain Dew was one?

If so are you able to repeat the question asked of Ron and the exact response so we able to add some context to the response?
I heard that it was i dotting and t crossing a few hours back. You know by now which direction my information flows from, but absolutely nothing (and I mean nothing) would surprise me where Martin’s concerned. I’m going to stop pressing for details now as it’s looking more and more like the discussions round the table aren’t being conducted in good faith. I hope for all our sakes that this concludes in a way that brings a smile to our faces and a new, positive chapter for our club.

I haven’t made a habit of commenting too much on the off-field situation as I haven’t really had much to add. There’ll be people on here who are far more knowledgeable than myself with regards to the takeover process, but it seems to me we have three potential options going into Wednesday:

1) The takeover is completed, debts paid, embargo lifted etc.
2) The takeover falls through and Kimura pull out of the deal with their deadline set as Wednesday morning. Ron somehow manages to pay everything which just prolongs the agony.
3) The takeover falls through and Ron asks for an adjournment.

I personally don’t think it’s likely that we’d get an extension. Last time it seemed we were only granted one because there was clear evidence that a takeover was close. If Kimura were to pull out, and no other group is close, what would be the basis for an adjournment? Possibly if everything’s agreed with Kimura and we just need an extra week?

Even if we did get an extension, anything more than three weeks and the season would have started and we’d likely be kicked out the league. Anything less than that and we’d be in the hands of the NL. I understand they need to set a deadline but I’m not really sure why they wouldn’t give us until as close to the season as possible to sort ourselves out considering it’ll be too late to replace us for next season now, but if they did boot us could we really blame them?

If the takeover isn’t finalised before the hearing I fear the worst.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. No inside knowledge from me but I had to write down my thoughts. Very stressful times at the minute for all of us. Hoping for positive news tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back