• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting and potentially good to read this. Must confess to thinking that should a deal be done, all the pieces would need to be in place by close of business the day before the court hearing; leaving it until the morning of the hearing is really pushing it, with particular items (payments) having to be done and dusted and shown to the court to have been done - leaving it to minutes before is simply too risky, what with potential snags/mishaps in any payments being completed.

Presuming (hoping) this will be held in front of the same judge - RM probably realises he really is in the last chance saloon with an official who can read him for what he is and what a lot on here know him to be. As has been shown, RM'll happily feed us a BS line but that simply won't wash with the beak he'll be in front of come Wednesday.

Keeping everything crossed for some positive news tomorrow - this really is squeaky bum time.....

don’t forget the part that others have been doing to sell the club , TL has worked his socks off for this club and it’s taken it’s toll but it appears there is still positivity around getting this over the line . Ron is up against some very experienced and savvy individuals from not only Kimura but some of their associates,trust me these chaps have not accumulated their net worth by being push overs

If done I pray we still have some credibility left with our players to stay out and try and be part of this project
Will defo be an interesting 24 hrs coming up

Interesting and potentially good to read this. Must confess to thinking that should a deal be done, all the pieces would need to be in place by close of business the day before the court hearing; leaving it until the morning of the hearing is really pushing it, with particular items (payments) having to be done and dusted and shown to the court to have been done - leaving it to minutes before is simply too risky, what with potential snags/mishaps in any payments being completed.

Presuming (hoping) this will be held in front of the same judge - RM probably realises he really is in the last chance saloon with an official who can read him for what he is and what a lot on here know him to be. As has been shown, RM'll happily feed us a BS line but that simply won't wash with the beak he'll be in front of come Wednesday.

Keeping everything crossed for some positive news tomorrow - this really is squeaky bum time.....
Please let that be true. I would be overjoyed if my gloomy earlier post was proven wrong.

Been decorating all evening and have come back on here, and it's gone off like a frog in a sock!

I haven't heard this info myself, but london shrimper is a good egg and has never been wrong with what he's told me, so I trust it.

It also stands up to logic. I finally started to despair a little more over weekend but I can't shake the feeling that, logically, I think he has to sell. Why wouldn't they keep talking? He'll try to squeeze every last penny out of it but ultimately, he wants to sell and Kimura want to buy. He knows the squeeze is on from several different sources and that an adjournment on Wed will not automatically mean we're safe from further sanctions.

I'm not getting too excited just yet as I understand this is where things were last Thursday, with legal and compliance teams being re-engaged and working feverishly to get a deal done before Friday, but by Friday it was at stalemate again.

I know RM has been working on his witness statement over the weekend to request an adjournment on Wed, and has asked the 2 local MPs to do the same, so he's keeping his options open.

So I'll reserve my excitement for now.

It's encouraging though. I think it would need to be done before COP tomorrow for evidence to be ready for court, and would certainly need to be done by then if RM wants to try to put the club into Administration.

At last a ray of hope .I really hope this is not another fauls dawn Every shrimper around the woirld are maybe all praying the sale is near its conclusion And southend united will be saved .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back