• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone rember when Falham was in trouble .And close to there own death nel..And the supported carred a coffin thrrough the streets to the ground .Well they are still around .So i hope and pray we will be after weds .

One of you lads with more patience than me up for going over there and calling him out? Unfortunately he’s chatting with Shrimpers as we speak and they aren’t aware. Just the way he brushes off people who are politely expressing concerns on the eve of the possible death of their club makes very clear what he does and doesn’t care about.

Ron should of been driven out of the club years ago, it's not like none of us knew what a slippery eel he is. We, as a fanbase, have suffered his ineptitude, theiving and lies for a decade.

As has been mentioned previous, I have zero doubt in my mind Ron has made some serious money out of the club stored away. Sure he would of wanted that golden nest egg at the end but as one last up yours to the fan he will make us suffer to the bitter end, letting the sale fall through, club wound up in court...game, set and match ....well played Ron.

One of you lads with more patience than me up for going over there and calling him out? Unfortunately he’s chatting with Shrimpers as we speak and they aren’t aware. Just the way he brushes off people who are politely expressing concerns on the eve of the possible death of their club makes very clear what he does and doesn’t care about.
I can do it, but it’ll have to wait until tomorrow - I need a fresh wind to tackle that one. 😁

I am quite comfortable in my own skin, thank you very much. I have never, and never will, go in for point scoring but, if the cap fits etc.
One uppism is a stupid pursuit. By your logic we shouldn't be allowed to be upset about the Wimbledon tragedy because the Manchester bombing was worse. Obviously there are bigger tragedies than Southend ceasing to exist but that doesn't mean people are wrong to care.

You can absolutely seperate a horrible tragedy involving a senseless loss of life from the demise of a football club. You can appreciate and sympathise with the enormity of grief and pain caused by the former but still be upset and affected by the latter.

We all go through life dealing with a multitude of problems, pain and grief of different kinds. And of course if you was a loved one of the kids involved in what happened in Wimbledon (or any other tragic accident or loss of life) then absolutely you wouldn’t be spending time worrying about Kimura or Ron Martin.

Doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t be scared and anticipating a painful loss of a different kind if the club went bust this week. Many of us have our own memories of loved ones no longer with us tied up in the club for a start.

They are totally different and not comparable of course, but the enormity of one doesn’t make the other meaningless.

I would say he probably has deleted it for the reasons he said he would (takeover completion imminent).
Possibly but would be quite the sudden turnaround.

I feel like the deletion of his account followed on from this tweet.

Screenshot_20230710_000741_Twitter.jpg

He did initially respond to it, brushing it off by saying that's the business of RM and the people alluded to. I feel it might have spooked him though and he likely doesn't want to be seen to be inciting or connected to anything which might even hint at violence towards RM.

give me the 21000 seat stadium please ,and we will be needing it in the not to distant future, Yes and i agree with what someone proposed ,that you all write to the borough council there to ask them not to pass the proposal for a 16000 seat stadium ,RM has fked about with all of you without a care in the world for any of you just himself , time for you all to get your pen and paper out and say fk you RM .

I’ve said a few times it’s what I would want to do. It an obvious solution. I buy RH with agreement that I will sell back to you when I buy new FF facility. But the perceived wisdom (and correct wisdom) appears to be the our control freak friend has always ruled that out.
The issue is that Ron wants to build the smaller stadium which doesn’t have planning and Kimura want the bigger stadium that does have consent. Neither party wants to budge. Someone has to give in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back