• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is Ron is delusional. He doesn't see things in reality. This is why I seriously worry as he is incapable of making rational decisions. I was hoping his son was going to take the deal out of his hands and get it done ASAP originally.
Ah yes, I remember when that possibility/hope was bandied about.

How wrong we all were.

He is now probably more Ron Martin than Ron Martin is these days.

A real barrier to the sale and bright future of the club. Absolutely couldn't care less about SUFC and only gives a **** about the Martin Family Empire.

Piece of work.

How wrong we all were.

A real barrier to the sale and bright future of the club. Absolutely couldn't care less about SUFC and only gives a **** about the Martin Family Empire.

Piece of work.
It will be interesting to hear Wolfy’s view on your post mate. Probably won’t have to wait long!

Lets not forget,Ronnie Boy has not put two million pounds per season, into SUFC.
There are a number of avenues the club receive monies.Season ticket money,admission
money, sponsorship,PFA,transfer fees, some pools money,ocassional TV monies.So don't feel the S*** Head has kept us alive.The megalomaniac should go back to HPC(House
Purchase Centre).They were above his calling !!!

How will you be feeling on Thursday then, when we’ve gone pop?
IF the club goes pop on Wednesday, it will not be the end of my life. There will be no 'unspeakable hurt' that you claim the city will experience. I will leave such superlatives for victims of real pain, like the families of the two young girls killed in Wimbledon this week.
I guess we must judge tragedies differently.

IF the club goes pop on Wednesday, it will not be the end of my life. There will be no 'unspeakable hurt' that you claim the city will experience. I will leave such superlatives for victims of real pain, like the families of the two young girls killed in Wimbledon this week.
Well if the club doesn’t mean that much to you’ll get over it as you say. but to me and others it a massive part of our lives.

Do you know what? This is a really ****ty thing to post. Properly condescending, and properly sneering. Please promptly remove yourself from your high horse and don't ever again needlessly name drop such an unspeakable tragedy to score points, or to make anybody else feel stupid or bad for what they are feeling about their football club.

We all look at life differently the deaths of those children is terrible but for many of us Southend United is a huge part of our life and we all one family the death of our club will affect many people & families in different ways . Many supporters have no family so the club is a major part of their lives to lose

Do you know what? This is a really ****ty thing to post. Properly condescending, and properly sneering. Please promptly remove yourself from your high horse and don't ever again needlessly name drop such an unspeakable tragedy to score points, or to make anybody else feel stupid or bad for what they are feeling about their football club.
I am quite comfortable in my own skin, thank you very much. I have never, and never will, go in for point scoring but, if the cap fits etc.

They and their families live in Southend.
You have made me happy - this was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for when I wondered why they would be interested in us. Local business-types is as good as I was hoping for. I did see their accountants are in Leigh, but this is better.

As for meet the Blues day, at this rate maybe we should all turn up and say hello to each other. We may get a game next season. I have always fancied being the nippy winger.

How wrong we all were.

Piece of work.
I know nothing of Ron Martins son at all , I don’t doubt what you say but has he ever said he cares about SUFC ? I guess not everyone likes football that much and would rather look after their own and their families being before all else ?
I doubt Kimura are looking to buy the club just so as they can make us all happy , if there’s no profit in it for them then there’s no point doing it. Sad but just a fact of life /business

I am quite comfortable in my own skin, thank you very much. I have never, and never will, go in for point scoring but, if the cap fits etc.
My point still stands. Your post was condescending and there was no need to bring up the awful Wimbledon tragedy in an effort to make somebody feel bad for how their football club's toils affect them. Different things affect people to varying degrees and its not up to you to decide what does and doesn't meet the bar for making somebody else feel like their world is caving in.

My last word on the subject.

I know nothing of Ron Martins son at all , I don’t doubt what you say but has he ever said he cares about SUFC ? I guess not everyone likes football that much and would rather look after their own and their families being before all else ?
I doubt Kimura are looking to buy the club just so as they can make us all happy , if there’s no profit in it for them then there’s no point doing it. Sad but just a fact of life /business
He has pretended to quite a bit on Twitter recently as it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back