• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwould hope it is all done by the end of next week On tuesday the 13th i will be travling back to essex to have a family get to gether a.As my dearly loved a very much missed will be laid to rest .After that i may go on to the hall to get a season ticket if ron has gone that is .

If this was 95% done last week with only the legal bits left to do, i would have had the lawyers working overtime and over the weekend to get this deal done and over the line for a Monday Announcement..

But then i am no lawyer so have no idea how long the legal stuff is going to take.
Just wishful thinking on my part..
Lawyers working weekends at double time Christ I hope Ron’s not exspected to chip in.

Lawyers working weekends at double time Christ I hope Ron’s not exspected to chip in.
Lawyers in big firms are expected to work weekends and even pull all-nighters for no extra pay. However, I doubt very much this deal is big enough to warrant that. I would be surprised if they've done anything over the weekend.

Last edited:
One would assume we would see some kind of update today, bearing in mind we are due in court.

We have to hope that a letter from the National League has been composed to appease the courts today. Otherwise, talk of a takeover is pointless. We need to get over that hurdle first.

One would assume we would see some kind of update today, bearing in mind we are due in court.

We have to hope that a letter from the National League has been composed to appease the courts today. Otherwise, talk of a takeover is pointless. We need to get over that hurdle first.
We nearly died in court 3 weeks ago from a winding up petition that still hasn't even been acknowledged by the club and still exists. Getting an update on whether or not we have been merely dropped a couple of divisions is therefore, unlikely...

Following on from this, does anyone know the time of the hearing?

I would guess that the letter from the NL will have a new deadline, and that deadline will be based on the progress of the sale with input from SUFC, i.e. the NL won't set a deadline that they know can't be met as (if they were going to do that) they might as well not give an extension. This should give us an indication of when we're likely to hear something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back