• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News is reporting live from outside the High Court this morning in connection with the Prince Harry case. Two minutes ago, Ron Martin was clearly visible entering the building.

Sorry to be a pain, but why are we in court today?

I get that. But it’s still stressful to a point because we don’t KNOW things with complete certainty.

And I get why that’s the case, but it’s still a worry until we get the outcome confirmed.
I’d suggest our future is currently looking a lot more secure than it has at any time in the last 5 years. The next winding up order/embargo was always just round the corner. We now have a way forward. It’ll take time and it probably won’t be as quick as everyone thinks.

No doubt everyone will still start panicking when it hasn’t been completed by the end of the week….

No, this is procedural. If we get taken over by mid-July we’ll be fine (assuming new owners good for the money) and people seem to think we’ll be taken over this week.

Personally I don’t expect it to be that soon but I do expect it to be before mid-July.
would mid july a bit to late as wew are back in the high court on the 5th of july Surely any thake over has to be done before then .Maybe i an wrong .

thank you sorry missed that. Was that clear that this was needed from the last court appearance?

thank you sorry missed that. Was that clear that this was needed from the last court appearance?
From the article in the Independent last week: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ue-hmrc-football-league-customs-b2348967.html

He said the “manifestly insolvent” club had to provide to the National League accounts for 2020 and 2021, having not filed any to Companies House since July 31 2019.

The judge said that unless players were paid they had the right to leave within 14 days “without providing any value to the company through transfer fees”.

He granted part of the requested order to cover payments to accountants, footballing staff and lawyers, but said he was “concerned” over “weak” evidence that the club could meet a second National League deadline of June 2 to pay HMRC in full as well as all football creditors.

The case will return to court on Monday, when Ms Stonefrost said the judge will receive a National League letter saying it has changed the June deadline.

She also committed to providing confidential information on the sale process and detail on how money from a sale would be handled.

From the article in the Independent last week: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ue-hmrc-football-league-customs-b2348967.html

He said the “manifestly insolvent” club had to provide to the National League accounts for 2020 and 2021, having not filed any to Companies House since July 31 2019.

The judge said that unless players were paid they had the right to leave within 14 days “without providing any value to the company through transfer fees”.

He granted part of the requested order to cover payments to accountants, footballing staff and lawyers, but said he was “concerned” over “weak” evidence that the club could meet a second National League deadline of June 2 to pay HMRC in full as well as all football creditors.

The case will return to court on Monday, when Ms Stonefrost said the judge will receive a National League letter saying it has changed the June deadline.

She also committed to providing confidential information on the sale process and detail on how money from a sale would be handled.

Thanks again. So much to stay across on this one.

Is anyone/fans at the court today? There was a chap on twitter who was live tweeting what happened at the previous hearing, but haven't come across anything as of yet

The club sought a validation order to unfreeze banks accounts so could continue to pay bills.
Judge only gave partial approval- I.e. to pay players, accountants and legals because these were presented as existential.

The judge was only prepared to unfreeze the accounts for other payments with the evidence re NL and progress on sale. The purpose today is to get the bank accounts unfrozen so we can use them normally (I.e for all payments).

Note this is independent of the next WUP hearing that still is set for July. If it does not go our way today the only impact is that other bills won’t get paid.

Last edited:
The club sought a validation order to unfreeze banks accounts so could continue to pay bills.
Judge only gave partial approval- I.e. to pay players, accountants and legals because these were presented as existential.

The judge was on prepared to unfreeze the accounts for other payments without the evidence re NL and progress on sale. The purpose today is to get the bank accounts unfrozen so we can use them normally (I.e for all payments).

Note this is independent of the next WUP hearing that still is set for July. If it does not go our way today the only impact is that other bills won’t get paid.
But if the NL said (as reported and mentioned on this thread) we have to pay ALL creditors by a certain date or face expulsion there could be an effect as we wouldn’t have been able to do so surely? Unless proof of a forward motion in the sale of the club us adequate for the NL to not do that. Too much going on and all getting too confusing for my simple mind lol

Whilst it's easy to get carried away with the winds of change and excitement (me included) I think we do need to temper that excitement just a little. I suspect much paperwork and DD to be done and of course Ron playing ball (it's his ball remember)

Let's stay hopeful something can be done soon, but not assume it's going to be this week. Fingers crossed of course that it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back