• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?! Just looking at Ron’s corporate structure, and the amount of debt that Ron essentially owed himself in the accounts, I would be concerned that the first set of accounts I was shown as a prospective buyer were a work of fiction to knock Agatha Christie into a cocked hat!

I’d say there’s evidence that the accounts have been interrogated pretty closely already and some of Ron’s phantom sums have been edited out of the versions published yesterday.

This should help reduce the risk of the remaining DD throwing up anything too catastrophic, but then again I’m sure Kimura have seen enough by now to know they need to (in the words of Reagan and Gorbachev) ‘trust, but verify’ everything before signing on the dotted line.
In my opinion I think yes. They are not buying the other group companies. Just the major shareholding in the football club. They won’t be interested in the inter company debt. The club is worth what it’s worth and that debt will need to reduce/disappear accordingly. Of course if it was external debt it would be a different challenge.

Can you share this evidence please.
It’s been shared already - the rent and management fee reductions to nil in the published accounts would not, IMO, have been in the accounts prior to this negotiation. Feel free to disagree, but I’m pretty confident those are recent changes.

Who? Link?
It’s the Southend United Armed Forces account.

He/she has posted several details before about the sale, apparently having an “interesting conversation” (meaning they have inside knowledge as such) but preceded to post info which everyone already knew, just in a more fancy way.

They are saying “3pm tomorrow”.

I think we need to distinguish between the club and the stadium.

It’s a lot quicker to buy just a company - where you need to agree a price for the shares and then reps and warranties - than agree a property development deal which is a longer, more complicated document.

Tactically it’d make sense to do the two together. IMO you lose leverage if you buy the club first and then try and negotiate the stadium. Ron has to sell the club and sell it fast as it’s costing him money and any value will disappear unless there’s a cash injection. If you give him a load of cash for the club he can start dicking you around on the stadium negotiations. If I was buying I’d want one deal encompassing both club and new stadium. If you press ahead with just the club you risk Ron shafting you.
Exactly. The transaction for the club ought to be pretty straightforward- it’s how complex they want to make the piece about FF that could slow things down. Some approaches will no doubt be far more challenging than others.

It’s been shared already - the rent and management fee reductions to nil in the published accounts would not, IMO, have been in the accounts prior to this negotiation. Feel free to disagree, but I’m pretty confident those are recent changes.
I’m not sure you can just restate prior year accounts in that way. Well you shouldn’t. That I can state with complete confidence.

Of course when everything gets filed 2+ years late it does rather leave open the question to be asked..

BTW I was surprised in those 2 years our losses we around the £1m each year. I was expecting nearer £2m- that said I wasn’t expecting to see the income from transfers that to some extent plugged the gap.

It hasn’t been charged for two years. It’s the equivalent of a write down, which Ron has done previously and has publicly said he’d do. More significantly it doesn’t alter the rent and management charged in previous years.

Further write downs are likely - that’s all part of the commercial negotiations rather than DD though and certainly not because they were “phantom”.

Chris Philips posted looks like i will have to cut my holiday short, im hearing the deal is almost done .
Everything feels that way doesn’t it- and with a month to pre-season would really change the prospects for next year. Fingers and everything else crossed.

I even wonder where the money to pay players, accountants and legals came from? May just have pushed things over the line? Pure speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back