• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely closer to being done completely, no? A post like his is surely too far in terms of teasing fans if it’s still some way off being done

I might be naive but I read this differently. Why would you post this online if you are still miles away from closing a deal?
I’m hoping this means it’s a sealed deal….
Could be any reason. He'd probably have been excitable. Also, his IG account is private, so only people he's accepted can see the post. Whilst he has a couple of SUFC fans following him (he accepted my follow the other day), I doubt the possibility of them seeing it was at the forefront of his mind when he posted it.

I'm just being realistic and trying to manage expectations. DD needs to be done. If their offer has now been accepted, as I suspect, a period of exclusivity for them to close the deal will begin and the club will open the books to Kimura's accountants for everything to be gone through with a fine tooth comb.

I'm not saying it'll take ages. Shouldn't do as discussions up until now will have been pretty in depth so there *shouldn't* be any major surprises (although never rule it out with RM). Plus everybody on both sides knows that it can't really take ages anyway due to the various time pressures and deadlines.

Similarly, Kimura will undoubtedly be fidgety and nervous about the idea of rushing it.

With that being said - and I say this with the caveat that I have no real experience of these situations - when expediting the final steps, doing things carefully can be the difference rather than the amount of time spent doing them. Thoroughness doesn't have to be slow, and vice versa.

Could be any reason. He'd probably have been excitable. Also, his IG account is private, so only people he's accepted can see the post. Whilst he has a couple of SUFC fans following him (he accepted my follow the other day), I doubt the possibility of them seeing it was at the forefront of his mind when he posted it.

I'm just being realistic and trying to manage expectations. DD needs to be done. If their offer has now been accepted, as I suspect, a period of exclusivity for them to close the deal will begin and the club will open the books to Kimura's accountants for everything to be gone through with a fine tooth comb.

I'm not saying it'll take ages. Shouldn't do as discussions up until now will have been pretty in depth so there *shouldn't* be any major surprises (although never rule it out with RM). Plus everybody knows that it can't really take ages anyway due to the various time pressures and deadlines.

Similarly, Kimura will undoubtedly be fidgety and nervous about the idea of rushing it.

With that being said, and say this with the caveat that I have no real experience of these situations, when expediting the final steps, doing things carefully can be the difference rather than the amount of time spent doing them. Thoroughness doesn't have to be slow, and vice versa.
dont think its private, or isnt now. I went straight on it, followed him and found the post straight away

Only at Southend can you go to bed feeling miserable and wake up in the morning to stuff like this.

I think we'll be surprised with the speed it will take to close a sale. Solicitors often have templates/precedent when it comes to contracts. Some clauses are standard practice in all contracts and will not require amendment, so if we have an agreed deal it would probably come down to the finer details/wording or additional clauses. You would be surprised how quickly solicitors can close a deal when parties want it to happen, let alone need it to happen.

I don't want to place a definite timeframe on it but contracts would not take as long as some think IMO. We closed some big ones in my previous job in a matter of a week or two.

As for the accounting, I'm not an accountant and have never worked closely with accountants, but surely they could undertake a fast yet thorough review of accounts?

Only at Southend can you go to bed feeling miserable and wake up in the morning to stuff like this.

I think we'll be surprised with the speed it will take to close a sale. Solicitors often have templates/precedent when it comes to contracts. Some clauses are standard practice in all contracts and will not require amendment, so if we have an agreed deal it would probably come down to the finer details/wording or additional clauses. You would be surprised how quickly solicitors can close a deal when parties want it to happen, let alone need it to happen.

As for the accounting, I'm not an accountant and have never worked closely with accountants, but surely they could undertake a fast yet thorough review of accounts?

Apologies to any lawyers on here, but in my experience, the point when they get involved is when everything slows down! I know they have a job to do, and an essential one at that, but sometimes they need a shove to think about the practical aspects. I've often have had to manoeuvre over 'unacceptable' clauses that in practice either didn't apply or were never going to happen

Apologies to any lawyers on here, but in my experience, the point when they get involved is when everything slows down! I know they have a job to do, and an essential one at that, but sometimes they need to shove to think about the practical aspects. I've often have had to manoeuvre over 'unacceptable' clauses that in practice either didn't apply or were never going to happen
I think in the case of a big public sale like this, they will be on their best behaviour :Thumbs up:

But you're right, sometimes delays can happen for no reason, or stupid clauses can get thrown in.

I don't want to place a definite timeframe on it but contracts would not take as long as some think IMO. We closed some big ones in my previous job in a matter of a week or two.

Agreed. You can also prepare a lot of draft paperwork in advance, and have resources (accountants, auditors etc) lined up ready for action once the green light comes. All sorts can be done, and more if both sides want to expedite quickly.

Let’s see. My money isn’t on a sale being announced today, but I do think it will be in the early part of next week (no specific intel on that, just a feeling).

In terms of how long this will take at one level we have to remember the club is a small business with a £4m turnover. I’ve seen acquisitions of companies that size happen in days. That said there are additional potential layers of complexity around FF. Depends how that is being addressed at this stage. But getting hopeful this will be done by July 1st latest.

Which will probably allow just enough time to get dressed for next season. Particularly if now there can be some sort of steer to the management team on playing budgets- I am sure in the background the recruitment process was reflecting different scenarios anyway.

Feeling positive- let’s hope we don’t snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Apologies to any lawyers on here, but in my experience, the point when they get involved is when everything slows down! I know they have a job to do, and an essential one at that, but sometimes they need a shove to think about the practical aspects. I've often have had to manoeuvre over 'unacceptable' clauses that in practice either didn't apply or were never going to happen
You can imagine the horror at Ron’s lawyers, that the completion of this sale could kill their cash cow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back