• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s apparently off to Gillingham. From what I’ve been told he’s agreed contracts etc with them
The Jack Bridge who having been not wanted by his hometown club previously, turned down Carlisle and Bristol Rovers in 2020 to drop a division to join us on a “trial” that lasted more than 2 weeks - a trial that definitely wasn’t at all related to an embargo that meant that we couldn’t sign him even though we wanted to - and that eventually ended a week before the season started?

The same Jack Bridge who then next summer as soon as his contract at Bromley expired, rejoined his hometown club, who had ****ed him about the previous summer?

The same Jack Bridge who was paid late last season but knuckled down and produced a string of outstanding performances instead of following the Łopata route and handing in his 14 day notice?

I wouldn’t begrudge him the move at all but I think people don’t quite appreciate the loyalty Bridge has shown to our club. He’s twice had to endure Brown as manager, he’s had Ron as a Chairman but he’s still here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gives the takeover every opportunity to happen.

He’s a genuine SUFC hero and one of our own.

The Jack Bridge who having been not wanted by his hometown club previously, turned down Carlisle and Bristol Rovers in 2020 to drop a division to join us on a “trial” that lasted more than 2 weeks - a trial that definitely wasn’t at all related to an embargo that meant that we couldn’t sign him even though we wanted to - and that eventually ended a week before the season started?

The same Jack Bridge who then next summer as soon as his contract at Bromley expired, rejoined his hometown club, who had ****ed him about the previous summer?

The same Jack Bridge who was paid late last season but knuckled down and produced a string of outstanding performances instead of following the Łopata route and handing in his 14 day notice?

I wouldn’t begrudge him the move at all but I think people don’t quite appreciate the loyalty Bridge has shown to our club. He’s twice had to endure Brown as manager, he’s had Ron as a Chairman but he’s still here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gives the takeover every opportunity to happen.

Hear hear :Clap:

Magnificent post my friend.

I’m not questioning his loyalty or love for the club, that’s clear, but if someone is offering to double your wage, you won’t have to move home and can play in the EFL then you’re highly likely to turn that down.

Magnificent postservant and player my friend.
* Fixed that

There are some favourites who turned us down in our hour of need. That’s fair enough and I’m not going to knock anyone for wanting the security of an assistant manager role at Millwall over the tumult of Roots Hall but I am going to beat the drum for the likes of Jack Bridge (and before him Anthony Grant) and ensure they get the recognition for the loyalty they’ve shown.

Like with Maher I think we’re sometimes a bit too quick to assume some individuals are going to jump ship at the first (or 28th) sign of adversity.

Times might be tough but it makes heroes out of the likes of Bridge, Maher etc. They stood up when needed and endured things they shouldn’t have had to and they’re still standing. We should always remember that.

I pray they stay but if they leave I’ll be giving them a standing ovation on their return to Roots Hall.

For one I hope Bridge does go, his stock has never been higher and as much as I hate to say it he will have an excellent chance to go up with Gills next season thanks to their new investment.

Would I like him to stay? Absolutely.

Just wondering if theres any legs in this rumour? If they were only meeting yesterday at 4 o'clock that could be why HMRC only got the paperwork as they were going into court. Would possibly make some sense.

The other thing that I did think of was after any buyout we would still be none the wiser to the other interested parties due to the NDA unless they choose to come out themselves, which really annoys the curious side of my nature.

Genuine question, who decides that an NDA is required? Look at the sale of Manchester United, it's all very public and we know of the interested parties. Is it the potential buyer, the broker or the seller who requests NDA's or possibly all 3?

Genuine question, who decides that an NDA is required? Look at the sale of Manchester United, it's all very public and we know of the interested parties. Is it the potential buyer, the broker or the seller who requests NDA's or possibly all 3?
Any party in the deal.

If one person asks for an NDA does that mean that all parties have to adhere to it? One potential buyer asks for it and another isn't bothered. They all have to sign it?

If one person asks for an NDA does that mean that all parties have to adhere to it? One potential buyer asks for it and another isn't bothered. They all have to sign it?
If they want negotiations to continue then probably yes. Well within their rights to say no, but risk the interested party walking away of course.

Depends on the terms of that agreement, there is no one size fits all NDA. It is an agreement between two or more parties, so all in the agreement abide by it.

Depends who wants the NDA. If the seller then that covers everyone. If it’s a buyer and the seller isn’t requiring it then potentially just that single negotiation.

Thanks everyone, the fact that we have absolute radio silence makes me think it could be a Ron or the company dealing with the sale who has enforced it.

Think we just need to be patient, good things come to those who wait.... allegedly.

To be fair, there are all sorts of reasons for NDA’s. Buyers often want to protect income sources, trade secrets & contracts that put them in the position to purchase whatever is being bought.

From a sellers POV, they can protect information provided to the purchaser should any sale not proceed..

I suspect any NDA’s in our case would have been readily agreed to by both/ all parties.

Whether the buyers want the NDA or not I’m sure Ron does, he’s always dealt in undisclosed fees and minimal communication, the last thing he wants is for the parties to become public, us fans knowing option A is far more desirable but Ron getting another 10% from option B and so going with that.

Keeping everyone in the dark gives him more options, regardless of what the buyer(s) want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back