• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's winning to you just that we exist! Jesus wept

Nah you are right. Would have been much better to have gone bust after the first winding up order.

Clearly no-one got any enjoyment out of:

• The Tilly years
  • Back to back promotions
  • Stamford Bridge away
  • Man United at home
  • That penalty shoot out at Wembley
  • Getting to see Freddy Eastwood live
  • Sol Campbells wonderful slacks
Yeah. I could have done without all that.

Nah you are right. Would have been much better to have gone bust after the first winding up order.

Clearly no-one got any enjoyment out of:

• The Tilly years
  • Back to back promotions
  • Stamford Bridge away
  • Man United at home
  • That penalty shoot out at Wembley
  • Getting to see Freddy Eastwood live
  • Sol Campbell wonderful outfits
Yeah. I could have done without all that.

You've lost my point and taken this well off topic.

You stated Ron wins but HMRC don't win if the club gets wound up. They got there money last time with all the interest added on. Therefore they won, no?

16 million in debt ,owed to RM who owns SUFC, and Roots Hall and charges himself something like 400k each year rent, because he puts both Roots Hall and SUFC under different company names, thats how it has come across to me, sounds dodgy to me also but obviously legal, its like me if i owned 2 houses and charged myself rent on one lol

Yeah fair enough. More than happy to be corrected.So perhaps in this instance, the nda is a plausible reason not to have communicated about the winding up order?

Genuinely delighted to be enlightened. This is what it's all about. Fans sharing their knowledge

Cheers
Not quite. It's all about fans sharing their knowledge and expertise, and other's accepting that someone who has shared their knowledge and expertise knows what they're talking about and not believing they know better in true Dunning Kruger style.

Difference is we’re 16 mil in debt.. that’s why it’s unattractive.
Many clubs have been further in debt and didn’t own their stadium etc, Derby most recently, I believe Wigan also, Leeds were the same as well. And all these had a lot more debt than £16m owed. Yes I appreciate the examples above were all EFL at the time and have had recent experiences in the PL, but to say SUFC is unattractive because of the debt is inaccurate. It may be unattractive to some, but clearly 4 buyers who are interested, don’t agree with that statement.

Nothing surprises me with an adjournment today which will roll on to another week while other clubs make signings we are left behind by that ****er Ron Martin

Nothing surprises me with an adjournment today which will roll on to another week while other clubs make signings we are left behind by that ****er Ron Martin
But we wouldn't be signing anyone anyways. The change the club will go through financially through new ownership means tying anyone to a deal now doesn't make sense.

Our better players (Bridge) will want to see what happens before jumping ship. If he leaves, the finances should be there to buy better.

Frustrating, I know, but the pain will be worth it, IMO.

I have heard that a wealthy Chinese restaurateur is showing great interest in buying the club, but a sticking point at the moment is his demand that squad numbers on the team shirts are replaced by the like of "Egg Fried Rice", "Beef in Black Bean sauce", "Omelette and Chips" and, for some poor soul "Prawn Balls"!! You could not make it up

I understand that Bridge (despite interest from other clubs) wants to stay at Southend and is hoping that this is sorted before his contract expires (doubtful).
Correct he and his partner are very settled in the area and are much happier here, say compared to their time in Carlisle. I could only see him moving to another local club which would mean he can stay in the area

Man Utd are around a billion in debt.
True but it is serviceable...easily! Imagine having a mortgage at 20% of the value of a home. That is about the level of the debt. Their revenue is is £170m. So it is more than serviceable.

If our accounts ever get published again it will be abundantly clear that rent and loans are simply not serviceable with our revenue at the level it is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back