• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be dragged back into Court once again is as sickening as it gets, especially after all Rons continued pathetic and wretched mismanagement and dreadful treatment of staff

If someone ends up giving one of the Martin's a clump then it would be totally understandable after his behaviour to us and pretty much everyone around him.

If he wife got one then of course it's a liberty but if someone poured a pint of Guinness over her head or a tin of pint then I wouldn't blame the person at all.

What would you do to man who poured paint over your wife's head?

The Mods are up against a constant battle atm trying their best to control things on here, you would be suprised how much gets deleted. Most people are at the end of their tether with what has been rambling on for the past 5 months re selling the club, frustrations and sheer despair spill over on here with what the fans, club management and staff feel when they are being led down a dark alley atm with zero communication about how we as a club have a future.

Of course some peoples reactions will be worse than others, that's life, we do not condone violence in any manner but when you have a forum with members who have little chance to discuss the actual football side of the club without some other topic being more paramount atm things happen.

Please do not lay any blame at the Mods, who give their time freely, they are doing a fantastic job right now just keeping a lid on things.

I am not blaming Mods for their comments. In general you do good job between you but you wouldn't allow the same comments against any of you. Same with trolls from other clubs etc.

You have also banned posters from commenting on certain threads because some mods don't agree with them or one of the many dish it out but can't take it lefties on here has had a whinge up.

With power comes responsibility.

If someone ends up giving one of the Martin's a clump then it would be totally understandable after his behaviour to us and pretty much everyone around him.

If he wife got one then of course it's a liberty but if someone poured a pint of Guinness over her head or a tin of pint then I wouldn't blame the person at all.

You know, in all of this mess, Julie Martin is the person I really feel for the most. I have no proof whatsover, just a gut instinct, which is that she is trapped in a nightmare that she has no chance of getting out of either. She is likely to be a completely powerless pawn in this game too, and the poor women probably needs our help and compassion far more than most people would understand.

She has been vilified, had people camped outside her home (gilded prison), I am sure that she has no idea what has been put into her name, and how much of her independent personal assets are no longer in her control - and I suspect that it is most. or all of it. She probably could not leave the marriage if she wanted to, as knowing the sort of character he is, she will have precious little freedom and her friends and wider family have probably given up hope that she can escape a stockholm syndrome situation. As I say, zero evidence or proof of this, but there is a pattern of behaviour here, and it is not pretty!

Definitely agree a few people need to chill out on here or think about what they're saying. I know there's a lot of worry about tomorrow and what it may bring but it's highly unlikely that Ron will let the club go bust or suffer a 10 point penalty. He'll find the cash from somewhere I'm sure. As some have pointed out, he always does this, leaves things right til the last minute. It's like a game of chess but Ron always seems to pull a last minute move out the bag when it looks like checkmate.

I am not blaming Mods for their comments. In general you do good job between you but you wouldn't allow the same comments against any of you. Same with trolls from other clubs etc.

You have also banned posters from commenting on certain threads because some mods don't agree with them or one of the many dish it out but can't take it lefties on here has had a whinge up.

Why thank you, if you can now point me in the direction of your SUFC fans forums i will take a look and see how forums are run properly, obviously we have a lot to learn from you.

What power? We are a fans forum run by fans not some city conglomerate.

We all do what we feel best at the time to keep debates continuing without having to monitor every post or the few select arses we get on here from time to time who want to become a pain to us.. We do have lives outside of the forums so are not always around.

Last edited:

Trust you have told the last sentence to Ron? LOL !!

This thread is in the gutter. When it comes to morality RM is bankrupt, therefore you can't use the immoral excuse even if someone did take actions into their own hands with RM. Agreed his family are not to blame and shouldn't be targeted imo.

What would you do to man who poured paint over your wife's head?
I’d operate and conduct myself in a professional, respectful and thoughtful manner and I’d treat people, even more so my staff, how I would want to be treated. I’d communicate effectively, admit flaws/errors and work hard to resolve. And if I couldn’t do those things, I’d get out and hand it over to individuals who I thought could do a better job. To cut a longish story short, I’d be very surprised if someone did ever pour paint over my wife’s head.

But rich coming from a bloke who has actually mocked those getting worried about court dates before and has never critisized your mate Ron for anything whatsoever, that’s some loyalty you have for your friend eh!?

Oh and having a post deleted just yesterday presumably for breaking site rules again.

I have seen first-hand actions of some of our "un-stable" fans and fully expect the 10 Plagues of Egypt to be sent by God onto Martin should things go very badly.

This thread is in the gutter. When it comes to morality RM is bankrupt, therefore you can't use the immoral excuse even if someone did take actions into their own hands with RM. Agreed his family are not to blame and shouldn't be targeted imo.
Threats of violence etc against his family are, of course, wrong but his family are at least partially culpable as a couple are directors of associated entities (even if not active they are enabling Ron to continue with the web of deceit) Creating adverse publicity for those enables is pretty fair game as long as it doesn’t cross the line.

But rich coming from a bloke who has actually mocked those getting worried about court dates before and has never critisized your mate Ron for anything whatsoever, that’s some loyalty you have for your friend eh!?

Oh and having a post deleted just yesterday presumably for breaking site rules again.
You could be one of the many lefties running riot on here that poor old Riggers is worried about ? :Winking:

Probably because people know the real name of a Col U troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back