• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
We really change the title of this thread- SUFC has not for sale and probably never was.

All this has been either a) a ploy for time for Ron to drag his pension dream on a bit longer while he finds some other unscrupulous characters to invest a bit of money.
B) appease the fans into thinking he will sell and stop what he thought might be thousands making his life hell.

It appears he won on B as the protests have been ( as admirable as though who did commit to them) very very small in comparison to those of Blackpool and Swansea for example when they had scum owners. Months of conjecture and rumour ...oh look the season starts again and that will distract them..

I despise Ron with every fibre of my being but he is one very clever man, master of spin and holds all the Aces.

This is a post borne of frustration. Ron Martin is not interested in being chairman of SUFC any more. What he is interested in is making as much money as possible, and having the whip hand over any Fossetts development.

Fact is he has 10 days to frustrate, negotiate, wrangle and eek out the best deal he can from the parties interested in taking over.

He doesn't want to pay the bill but he will probably have to. Either way, we are approaching the end game.

This is a post borne of frustration. Ron Martin is not interested in being chairman of SUFC any more. What he is interested in is making as much money as possible, and having the whip hand over any Fossetts development.

Fact is he has 10 days to frustrate, negotiate, wrangle and eek out the best deal he can from the parties interested in taking over.

He doesn't want to pay the bill but he will probably have to. Either way, we are approaching the end game.
I hope it is end game, but not the end game of Southend United

I hope it is end game, but not the end game of Southend United

The 23rd of August will not be the end of Southend United. This Club will not die!

I’ve heard one or two rumblings, but don’t want to get everyones hopes up, but the 23rd of August, I believe, will be a formality.

My people have never been too concerned by this court dates, whereas us as fans have been petrified, and rightly so because we haven’t had the information.

The 23rd of August will not be the end of Southend United. This Club will not die!

I’ve heard one or two rumblings, but don’t want to get everyones hopes up, but the 23rd of August, I believe, will be a formality.

My people have never been too concerned by this court dates, whereas us as fans have been petrified, and rightly so because we haven’t had the information.

Never been worried about the court date, we were never going to be allowed to fold.

Things are happening behind the scenes, as always they are taking longer than expected…. Probably due to one person

I've also never been concerned with the club folding, I think if that was to be the case we would of gone by now, the fact the staff and players are there and doing what they are doing suggests it will be fine, however I do get the concern of most as it is dragging on, however it doesn't surprise me either that it is taking a long time

I've also never been concerned with the club folding, I think if that was to be the case we would of gone by now, the fact the staff and players are there and doing what they are doing suggests it will be fine, however I do get the concern of most as it is dragging on, however it doesn't surprise me either that it is taking a long time

The people suggesting it’s RM’s long game to see us go under, and then he can build all this houses it’s crazy.

He has had numerous occasions where he could have let us go to the wall, how many court appearances have we made in the last 25 years? Almost as many 1st FA Cup appearances I’d suggest.

RM, ultimately, still wants this legacy of FF. Which is why option 2 of @Smiffy summary is the most likely.

The people suggesting it’s RM’s long game to see us go under, and then he can build all this houses it’s crazy.

He has had numerous occasions where he could have let us go to the wall, how many court appearances have we made in the last 25 years? Almost as many 1st FA Cup appearances I’d suggest.

RM, ultimately, still wants this legacy of FF. Which is why option 2 of @Smiffy summary is the most likely.
Perhaps he is so incompetent, he's been trying to get us liquidated for years and years, only to mess it up at the 11th hour each and every time. 😉

Last edited:
About a month or two ago, there was a short period when I really did worry for the future of the club. I think It was the last court appearance; the settling of football debts ( payement of players and staff); the green light to start thé National League Season, that have largely allayed those fears. As was mentioned above, if thé plan was to scupper the club, It would have been done by now. No fears, just frustration.

Ron martin is the most hated man in essex right now But i can see him losing everything by not paying up what he owes .It may well go right up to the deadline date .But i am pretty sure some one in the back ground that has something that we dont know about yet .I live in hope our club will be saved in the end .

Last two games, although will show any prospective buyers the potential, it might have added a zero or two to the asking price? Keep losing, might get a buyer quicker... oh. The paradix

Cheers @BoyWonder2. If anyone hasn’t seen the summary. Here it is:

This, I believe is where we are. In simple terms.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Locals/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post. https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/sufc-up-for-sale.114430/page-1077#post-2653748.

Group 3 (@ForeverBlue contact) Are still in the running. But little to no information available on this group.

Taking everything I/we have heard and read into account in recent weeks, In my opinion I think Group 2 are the frontrunners right now. Whatever their offer is, it appears more interesting and acceptable to Ron. Whether or not it is acceptable to us as fans, I guess we will have to wait and see if/when a deal is announced. But, there seems to be a bit more positive noise on where this groups offer is along the road, compared to the others.

Let's hope something positive happens ahead of the court date and that the Eastleigh game (25th) is party time!

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Locals/Others) = 🟠 😕

Group 2 (Aussies 🇦🇺) = 🟢 🙂

Group 3 (ForeverBlue contact) = 🔴 ☹️

Never been worried about the court date, we were never going to be allowed to fold.

Things are happening behind the scenes, as always they are taking longer than expected…. Probably due to one person

Good to hear WSB . But as they say- there's many a slip twixt cup and lip - and the longer this goes on and its not all done and dusted the more chance that interested parties could walk away at the last moment. Its a very risky game to be playing. I will continue to worry until its all sorted - and then I will hope that whoever the new owners /investors are they will have the club's interests at heart.

SFDB - Southend Fans Deserve Better

Cheers @BoyWonder2. If anyone hasn’t seen the summary. Here it is:

This, I believe is where we are. In simple terms.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Locals/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post. https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/sufc-up-for-sale.114430/page-1077#post-2653748.

Group 3 (@ForeverBlue contact) Are still in the running. But little to no information available on this group.

Taking everything I/we have heard and read into account in recent weeks, In my opinion I think Group 2 are the frontrunners right now. Whatever their offer is, it appears more interesting and acceptable to Ron. Whether or not it is acceptable to us as fans, I guess we will have to wait and see if/when a deal is announced. But, there seems to be a bit more positive noise on where this groups offer is along the road, compared to the others.

Let's hope something positive happens ahead of the court date and that the Eastleigh game (25th) is party time!

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Locals/Others) = 🟠 😕

Group 2 (Aussies 🇦🇺) = 🟢 🙂

Group 3 (ForeverBlue contact) = 🔴 ☹️
Very helpful as ever Smiffy. I just hope like everyone C Martin doesn't end up staining all our furniture in the background, if weve got any left that is

I feel more at ease about the court appearance now that the staff have been paid, and the stadium is usable.

I’m a big fan of the summary by @Smiffy colours and emojis. Nothing cryptic there!

Re: The Tax bill

Is there any likelihood of the VAT bill being settled prior to the 23rd, in order to lift the embargo ASAP?

Some ITK have alluded to RM paying the debt (with no buyers likely to be in place in the next 2 weeks why not settle it now, assuming he has the kitty tucked away somewhere…)

Re: The Tax bill

Is there any likelihood of the VAT bill being settled prior to the 23rd, in order to lift the embargo ASAP?

Some ITK have alluded to RM paying the debt (with no buyers likely to be in place in the next 2 weeks why not settle it now, assuming he has the kitty tucked away somewhere…)
He's hoping the aussies will settle it as part of the deal with them.

Could the new buyers not give ron the money? In theory if a deal is agreed but not signed. Not out of the realms if possibility if it’s included in the negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back