• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s the getting Southend fans with big money on board going .. or the research .. would love an update. Cheers.

the research is going on - check in with the trust on that ...

one issue is one share one vote at 250 each - or if someone puts in 25k do they get 2500 votes ...

and articles of association etc.

somebody told me if the organisation was properly set up investors could get interest on their investment

I think we should open up the company structure as much as possible so even people in Japan could buy a share - and if Tom Brady ha a spare 10 m he could put in ..

and getting the appropriate structure for this particular circumstance etc ..

I think there are various models available -

Difficult and complex sort of stuff - and although it is something I want I feel like in
a massive minority and most fans would rather not ..

I think the poll is part of that process of assessing is anyone really interested or not ??

Really could have spent that 40 k on legals and consultants to move this forward - hey ho

the research is going on - check in with the trust on that ...

one issue is one share one vote at 250 each - or if someone puts in 25k do they get 2500 votes ...

and articles of association etc.

somebody told me if the organisation was properly set up investors could get interest on their investment

I think we should open up the company structure as much as possible so even people in Japan could buy a share - and if Tom Brady ha a spare 10 m he could put in ..

and getting the appropriate structure for this particular circumstance etc ..

I think there are various models available -

Difficult and complex sort of stuff - and although it is something I want I feel like in
a massive minority and most fans would rather not ..

I think the poll is part of that process of assessing is anyone really interested or not ??

Really could have spent that 40 k on legals and consultants to move this forward - hey ho
What on earth are you wittering on about?

Tom Brady? Japan?

Will be coming on this website to catch up at 5pm every Friday now, to play my self created "Shrimperzone Drinking Game". Rules below, you're welcome to join, it hasn't been Patented but may look to if there is interest.

"Keep The Faith" - 2 Fingers
"A reliable source tells me" - 1 Shot
"Ron knows he has to sell" - Can of Fosters
"His family are pressuring him" - Pint of Tennents Super
"There was a meeting..." - 1 x Roots Hall Burger (Rustlers burgers fine to use as an equivalent, if you drop it on the floor first)
"Do A Lopata" - Pint of Tyskie
"Fans to buy the club" - Finish your drink
"What does Tom Lawrence Actually do" - Order yourself a dustpan and brush off Amazon
"Kimura Group" - Lose an item of clothing
"The Club should release a statement" - Glass of Wine
"It's close" - Bottle of Wine
"Where's Anna Firth in all of this?" - Literally smash your phone/ workplace computer to bits. Game over.

Last edited:
Will be coming on this website to catch up at 5pm every Friday now, to play my self created "Shrimperzone Drinking Game". Rules below, you're welcome to join, it hasn't been Patented but may look to if there is interest.

"His family are pressuring him" - Pint of Super Tenants
"There was a meeting..." - 1 x Roots Hall Burger (Rustlers burgers fine to use as an equivalent, if you drop it on the floor first)
"Where's Anna Firth in all of this?" - Smash your phone to bits. Game over.
You missed out “Where’s Stan in all of this?”

"His family are pressuring him" - Pint of Tennents Super
"Do A Lopata" - Pint of Tyskie
"What does Tom Lawrence Actually do" - Order yourself a dustpan and brush off Amazon
"Where's Anna Firth in all of this?" - Literally smash your phone/ workplace computer to bits. Game over.
You missed "Comparing sale of club to selling a house".

Only real ITK is sadly Ron, he holds the Aces and sadly the snippets we hear from so called ITK could change if and when he moves the goal posts (as he often does).
I see this stuff about Ron moving the goalposts a lot on here.

I know there was an opportunity punted around (the whole FF-based deal) that Kimura apparently though they'd got a deal on. Due diligance is supposed to be the reason that fell apart.

Then, presumably because he wasn't getting anybody biting for the FF-based opportunity, Ron came out with the famous £1 for the club £2.5million for the Roots Hall site, so much for the training ground, so much for outstanding debts etc. offer.

Since then there have been loads of statements about him moving the goalposts, but no detail on what this actually means.

I'm no Ron fan, but he gets dog's abuse for doing this while nobody has told us the facts of what he is actually doing, and how they know (because I haven't seen anything in the public domain).

I appreciate that there might be something solid about this on the 1070-odd pages of this thread, but if somebody can point out the facts that'd be really appreciated.

I see this stuff about Ron moving the goalposts a lot on here.

I know there was an opportunity punted around (the whole FF-based deal) that Kimura apparently though they'd got a deal on. Due diligance is supposed to be the reason that fell apart.

Then, presumably because he wasn't getting anybody biting for the FF-based opportunity, Ron came out with the famous £1 for the club £2.5million for the Roots Hall site, so much for the training ground, so much for outstanding debts etc. offer.

Since then there have been loads of statements about him moving the goalposts, but no detail on what this actually means.

I'm no Ron fan, but he gets dog's abuse for doing this while nobody has told us the facts of what he is actually doing, and how they know (because I haven't seen anything in the public domain).

I appreciate that there might be something solid about this on the 1070-odd pages of this thread, but if somebody can point out the facts that'd be really appreciated.
Yes… it could be that the ticket price RM put up was an ‘offers in excess of’ offer which he’s now auctioning round and every time he gets a deal put forward he tells other interested parties the latest offer and it looks like he ‘moves the goalposts’. Maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back