• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating work and well done !

When you read about these Companies though its clear they have never read the bible on how to communicate in plain English, They seem to talk a complete load of ballhooks and marketing Companies are amongst the worst. Reminds me PG site services for all their faults at least are able to talk plainly about they services they offer, Whats that old advert " it does what it says on the tin?!":Winking2:
I'm assuming Crate will come on and say it's not them but until that happens they are the best I can find.

From the horses mouth our player wage budget last season was 1.4 million.
It was certainly the budget, It seems to get forgotten this includes employer costs like NI, pensions, insurances etc. So you cant just divide by 20 and say here you are this is what they get paid.

The £1.4m budget was competitive - top half rather than high I think?

We have been through before that very few football clubs don't lose money. Very few. In NL on average owners are putting in over £100k per month. For individual clubs to buck this trend and stay competitive the football model as a whole needs to change, and few individual clubs swim effectively against the tide for long...regrettably...

Last edited:
If the trust are looking into buying the club, it's probably worth signing up. Either to get involved or to tell them to stop lol.

We are back in court in 14 days time and unless the club gets a cash injection upwards of £250k we will be on -7 points and staring national league south in the face.

Now is not the time for things to go quiet and for us to say yeah, we will be fine.

If buyers were there at the weekend chaps we did ourselves proper proud. What a team and what a fanbase. I don’t care about the debt, any buyer would be lucky to have us. Utterly priceless.
They might figure keep what we have and add say 6 new bodies and the right ones then promotion is not by any means off the table. Certainly should boost their positive thinking about what is possible. If they indeed have got as far as conversations with the football department then the result would have been timely and helpful you would hope- everything crossed....

I heard from someone who works the bars at the hall that the manager of the bars confirmed that Aussie ( potential owners) were their.
If buyers were there at the weekend chaps we did ourselves proper proud. What a team and what a fanbase. I don’t care about the debt, any buyer would be lucky to have us. Utterly priceless.
Both of them were there and of course the Secret Hateful Eight group.

We all loved having an academy, but the fact of the matter is that selling a few young lads for the price of a pack of biscuits to City doesn’t help it to make money. As sad as it is, it needed to go sooner from a business perspective.
Agree with most of what you are saying but it's the later sell on fees that make us the academy money, i.e. Hayden.

They might figure keep what we have and add say 6 new bodies and the right ones then promotion is not by any means off the table. Certainly should boost their positive thinking about what is possible. If they indeed have got as far as conversations with the football department then the result would have been timely and helpful you would hope- everything crossed....
been saying this all summer. The sqaud we have only just missed out last season and we know why that was. If we could have added last season we may of gone up. We are as you say 5-6 players short

I heard from someone who works the bars at the hall that the manager of the bars confirmed that Aussie ( potential owners) were their.
Is it the same source that told you the Kimura sale was done? Not discrediting you, but you’ve had some very incorrect sources in the past.
Don’t mean this to cause offence!

We are back in court in 14 days time and unless the club gets a cash injection upwards of £250k we will be on -7 points and staring national league south in the face.

Now is not the time for things to go quiet and for us to say yeah, we will be fine.
£2m I believe. Think it's all creditors + other HMRC debts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back