• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the 'wind of change' blew through Yesterday. Another day, another rumour in cryptic form (I do miss the Guardian crossword). Although, in truth, we don''t have a good rumour 'every' day. We'll just have to wait and see if the slight upward shift of the roller coaster is maintained, or followed by a dive come end of the day. 'Plus ça change plus c'est la même chose.'😂😢

I’m just thinking let’s say we do get somewhere in the region of £60,000 to £100,000 from the Bishop signing we only need to raise £190,000-£150,000. That money could be crucial to clearing the HMRC debt that is owed. Correct me if I’m wrong.

My gut feeling… Ron has dipped his toe in the for sale market and it didn’t work out so he’s now looking for additional investment to continue his FF & RH development dream. Currently, that’s the Australian dollar and he’s busy selling his plans to them! I hope I’m wrong and way off the mark but this horrible thought won’t go away…
Hence why he says that out demos are putting people off, Ron’s trying to paint a picture of smoke and mirrors alls happy in the Southend house hold…..
Sorry Ron we couldn’t help noticing how hated you are and why are there people demonstrating on your lawn …

That sort of thing

Hence why he says that out demos are putting people off, Ron’s trying to paint a picture of smoke and mirrors alls happy in the Southend house hold…..
Sorry Ron we couldn’t help noticing how hated you are and why are there people demonstrating on your lawn …

That sort of thing
Protests must continue if we wish for a full sale. Very few investors will have the guts to put their name to Ron's misdoings, especially if we're getting regular media coverage.

Ron never wanted to sell in the first place hence ignoring Kimura and now it seems doing the same with the new lot.

He wants an investor (mug) to put money into the club, so he can still be in charge,and then makes even more money with various land sales whilst continuing to screw the club and its fans.

Thereason why he is saying we are hurting a potential investor is because they will see what a nightmare they would have on their hands by doing anything with him.

The protests ARE working and need to continue as well as the likes of Anna Firth to keep pressure on until hopefully he finally ****s off for good which then, and only then can we start to rebuild the mess he leaves which is similar to what the RAF did with Dresden.

"Read between the lines of the statement"
2 Weeks Pass, nothings happened

"Ron's moving the goalposts"
Still no public statement stating intentions from the proposed interested parties. A statement of intent would give the fans something to rally behind. You're either going for it or not, get the fans behind your bid to up the pressure again which has understandably subsided.

Now we have fans stating "I have a good feeling about today, for many reasons"

No further comments other than that. No reference to anything, No commitment to anything happening, no clear outline. Just another cryptic message that likely means nothing. If RM keeps moving goalposts, which I assume is quite likely, why are you getting excited about anything at this stage? It's gone from 5-7, who are the other 2? Why did the 5 need another 2?

I love fans going above and beyond to share valuable information, spreading real facts and statements from interested parties such as the meeting last night with Anna Firth and fan groups. (Big fan of the echo coverage but this is what they should be doing in surely the biggest News Story since Wembley 2015).

Honestly if you can't say anything, please stop feeding your own ego when people beg for another slither of hope by asking you for more information.

If you've got the information, share it. If you can't share anything, don't add the cryptic messages. There's a reason this thread has reached over 1024 pages.

So bored of this situation. Seen so much waffle and it is even more exhausting.

"Read between the lines of the statement"
2 Weeks Pass, nothings happened

"Ron's moving the goalposts"
Still no public statement stating intentions from the proposed interested parties. A statement of intent would give the fans something to rally behind. You're either going for it or not, get the fans behind your bid to up the pressure again which has understandably subsided.

Now we have fans stating "I have a good feeling about today, for many reasons"

No further comments other than that. No reference to anything, No commitment to anything happening, no clear outline. Just another cryptic message that likely means nothing. If RM keeps moving goalposts, which I assume is quite likely, why are you getting excited about anything at this stage? It's gone from 5-7, who are the other 2? Why did the 5 need another 2?

I love fans going above and beyond to share valuable information, spreading real facts and statements from interested parties such as the meeting last night with Anna Firth and fan groups. (Big fan of the echo coverage but this is what they should be doing in surely the biggest News Story since Wembley 2015).

Honestly if you can't say anything, please stop feeding your own ego when people beg for another slither of hope by asking you for more information.

If you've got the information, share it. If you can't share anything, don't add the cryptic messages. There's a reason this thread has reached over 1024 pages.

So bored of this situation. Seen so much waffle and it is even more exhausting.
And then when some moan when people are unhappy about the cryptic information and impose the 'At least we're giving you an idea/some information' type of reply.

Bored of it.

I hate the saying 'No news is good news' because it doesn't make sense, but I genuinely think giving no information is better than giving a cryptic idea, stops giving fans a false sense of hope which is all we have been fed for the past 5 months consistently.

Last edited:
I’m not normally too bad at reading between the lines, first part nice and simple, the Trojan horse part has stumped me this time and not sure if this is just a bit of laugh and reference to a film or something or if there is some Element of reading between the lines.
Trojan horse I took as someone or people working on the inside which took me to Stan and TL - but not sure either of those have the financial resources to contribute, but obviously have expertise. But I'm not itk and the problem with reading between the lines is you can come up with some silly scenarios a i probably have

And then when some moan when people are unhappy about the cryptic information and impose the 'At least we're giving you an idea/some information' type of reply.

Bored of it.

I hate the saying 'No news is good news' because it doesn't make sense, but I genuinely think giving no information is better than giving a cryptic idea, stops giving fans a false sense of hope which is all we have been fed for the past 5 months consistently.
I disagree entirely. It’s been said many times, but there are some posters that have a track record of being ITK and aren’t able to say everything that we’d want them to. Far better to have an idea of where something is roughly at right now than be in total darkness.

Of course, even better if the secret 7 put out something more concrete, but without that ITK posters are all we’ve got. Without them all this forum is is a place for venting uneducated opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back