• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strikes take 2

I would agree aside from India , they are sweeteners for trade agreements , and again the 14 Billion for EU is also for trade (which is still a large market )

A lot of the frustration with these people is just that, seeing this country throw money about like confetti elsewhere whilst we are sinking like a stone.

Don't disagree with that at all really. I don't really see it as a public/private battle, but a 1% vs the rest of us

In a big shock i agree with steveo (stead on ) . It's not that simple , sadly the only way to cuase such wide scale issues and misery is to be in the position in the first place , to have the "Power" and influence . People screwed up , on both sides . And there are so many issues its not going to be the same old fixes .

The problem with using the private sector as justification for the public not learning or adhering to the real world is a straw man . The disaster that occurred simply by logic paints the private sector as far more incompetent and wasteful then the public sector could ever be , and destructive.

And then the private sector who make all teh money were bailed out by that wasteful public sector anyway.

Up against some pretty stiff competition, that is the biggest pile of **** you've ever written. The public sector doesn't generate wealth, and never will. You don't just live in a fantasy land, I believe you receive your mail there.

Can you give me some examples on this as all I see is traffic going their way...and anybody that can afford their own space race doesn't need us topping up their kitty.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1852608,00.html

I agree with India it's repulsive that they have a "space race" and nuclear weapons whilst vaste swathes of their population live in dire poverty. Trouble is the caste system is still heavily predominant in Indian society where you can be born as "untouchable" and the best you can hope for in life is to be the village **** eater.

Ive just seen a job on the nhs jobs page for a Winter Pressures Manager, on a salary of £50k a year.

That for me sums up the public sector.

Ive just seen a job on the nhs jobs page for a Winter Pressures Manager, on a salary of £50k a year.

That for me sums up the public sector.

Why are you criticising something you don't understand?

The winter period in the NHS is absolutely unbelievable. Most staff expect to be allowed some time at Christmas off work, but it coincides with things like the flu season, severe weather problems and the general fact that hospitals are already at capacity. How do you maintain high quality care with all these pressures and tensions on the system - seems like a good use of £50k if it means when 2 weeks of snow arrive the east and city of London, a population of over 1m people can be cared for. A job like this involve responsibility for 1m people, and a budget of probably about £250m. My guess is that someone in the private sector with similar responsibilities and requiring similar skills would probably get a little bit more than 50k

Why are you criticising something you don't understand?

The winter period in the NHS is absolutely unbelievable. Most staff expect to be allowed some time at Christmas off work, but it coincides with things like the flu season, severe weather problems and the general fact that hospitals are already at capacity. How do you maintain high quality care with all these pressures and tensions on the system - seems like a good use of £50k if it means when 2 weeks of snow arrive the east and city of London, a population of over 1m people can be cared for. A job like this involve responsibility for 1m people, and a budget of probably about £250m. My guess is that someone in the private sector with similar responsibilities and requiring similar skills would probably get a little bit more than 50k

And for me that sums up a knee jerk reaction before understanding what the job actually entails.

John 11:35

I read the job description

'As the Winter Pressures Manager you will work as a key member of the CSS Performance Team:

• Manage the day-to-day running of the winter planning system across East London and the City working with acute trust providers, social services and primary care to develop a coordinated response to pressures across the whole health economy;
• Link together the information from providers and performance data with intelligence from on-call managers into a daily situation report;
• Field local health economy and NHS London conference calls often on a daily basis to brief-on and proactively manage pressures across the system.'

i.e. sit in meetings, run up expenses, like most NHS managers.

Back