• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Statement from Kimura Group

Probably because Ron has been messing them around for 3 months and now FF is off the table there is not enough of a return for their investors.
You’d imagine FF is off the table as it’s just a plot of land with nothing built on it. Clearly the usual bull**** hasn’t worked on potential investors. Hence, RH only. Which can hopefully still be seen as an opportunity for someone/a group of people.

You’d imagine FF is off the table as it’s just a plot of land with nothing built on it. Clearly the usual bull**** hasn’t worked on potential investors. Hence, RH only. Which can hopefully still be seen as an opportunity for someone/a group of people.
Roots Hall only and Ron keeps the car park to build on .

Don't forget FF has planning permission. If any deal was around buying the land and building it yourself without Ron then it's not bull****. It's a distinct possibility.

Roots Hall won't create the return FF would, hence Kimura partly pulling out. Personally I don't have the imagination to see how Roots Hall could ever create the same extra revenue streams and I fear that we are seriously limiting our prospects by taking this course of action.

If I've understood it correctly, the original Kimura deal was a 2 year lease on Roots Hall whilst FF was built. By buying Roots Hall that avenue is all but closed off (unless there's a possibility of selling RH back to Ron as a part exchange deal for FF, which is extremely unlikely).

That means we're left with redeveloping Roots Hall, which might be possible, but that doesn't mean it is practical. It seems to me that redeveloping Roots Hall will take at least 4-5 years and whilst that is the case there will be no new revenue streams, so how much better off we can be (and I do think we will be) will be limited by the size of any buyer's pockets.

Let's hope you're right, and any buyer has a better imagination than me.

I see Roots Hall as a short-medium term thing (3-5 years). Our long-term future being a new stadium somewhere, somehow, that frees up thr RH site for housing.

Because if they want the football club badly enough they will pay what Ron wants! Its nothing to do with Ron's antics
Money will overcome everything! If a bidder wants the club they can have it now,just pay the weasel and he's gone,the club is there's its really easy!

I see Roots Hall as a short-medium term thing (3-5 years). Our long-term future being a new stadium somewhere, somehow, that frees up thr RH site for housing.
When I see places like Westcliff Rugby clubs new HQ, you do wonder how we've not been able to find other sites over the years. I know its technically out of the Southend borough, but somewhere like that must exist somwhere in the borough or just outside?

I'm the same @londonblue & @Suffolk Blue as I dont see where just putting money into a refurbished RH gets the rate of return an investor would want to see. Like lb I don't have the vision of what the other possibilities are.

If there is some development that could be done around the periphery of the RH footprint then yes I could see the financial point. I said the same on Crate's stream last night but don't think I articulated my concern that well.

Because if they want the football club badly enough they will pay what Ron wants! Its nothing to do with Ron's antics
Money will overcome everything! If a bidder wants the club they can have it now,just pay the weasel and he's gone,the club is there's its really easy!
We are in the position we are now due 100% to Ron's antics and if he continues this habit of a lifetime we will go under. It's down to him to start acting like a proper human being and then I am sure things will happen.

Don't forget FF has planning permission. If any deal was around buying the land and building it yourself without Ron then it's not bull****. It's a distinct possibility.

Roots Hall won't create the return FF would, hence Kimura partly pulling out. Personally I don't have the imagination to see how Roots Hall could ever create the same extra revenue streams and I fear that we are seriously limiting our prospects by taking this course of action.

If I've understood it correctly, the original Kimura deal was a 2 year lease on Roots Hall whilst FF was built. By buying Roots Hall that avenue is all but closed off (unless there's a possibility of selling RH back to Ron as a part exchange deal for FF, which is extremely unlikely).

That means we're left with redeveloping Roots Hall, which might be possible, but that doesn't mean it is practical. It seems to me that redeveloping Roots Hall will take at least 4-5 years and whilst that is the case there will be no new revenue streams, so how much better off we can be (and I do think we will be) will be limited by the size of any buyer's pockets.

Let's hope you're right, and any buyer has a better imagination than me.
Roots Hall being part of the sale terms could open up all sorts of doors, some of which could also better safeguard the club as a community asset.

Buying Roots Hall and staying there for now also doesn't mean staying there forever, or ruling out a new stadium in the future. There's no doubt the club can benefit hugely from a new stadium, but the convoluted Fossetts housing project with a stadium tacked on as an afterthought, and which can't have its potential maximised due to planning oversights anyway, just ain't it.

The club needs to be stabilised. That's all that matters at the moment. Then perhaps some new plans for a new stadium can be drawn up in the future. Plans which put the club and its interests firmly at the top of the list of priorities.

Both sets of plans for Fossetts are beset by issues anyway, including the ones that have permission. I really cannot see either set of plans becoming reality.

I did. It spoilt my viewing that evening, but then, I was only young.

And there was always the first episode of Dr Who to look forward to the next evening.

Oh, and can I have Box 13 please, Michael?
...and the repeat the following week because the assassination blighted viewing figures.
And with anorak firmly in place, met Carol Ann Ford a couple of years later at a Rayleigh Rockets do!

Well of course it is!! They won't admit it but they don't have the money! Its a blatant cop out.
Crickey Steve, your knowledge of Managerial ineptness, football tactics and taxi routes for departing players is endless we've discovered. And now you've added financial futures awareness as well. I'm presuming Kimura are part of your portfolio for you to have such insight to them. I have to say, you constantly astound me.

Please go back to playing with your lego, Ron
So what part of "if u have the money and the funds will buy you the club" do you not quite understand? I mean its pretty simple to buy anything if u have the money! Do u think ron will stand in the way if he gets what he wants or a big enough offer?

So what part of "if u have the money and the funds will buy you the club" do you not quite understand? I mean its pretty simple to buy anything if u have the money! Do u think ron will stand in the way if he gets what he wants or a big enough offer?
But you're trusting what Ron says ? and they may not want just the debt ridden club ?

Roots Hall being part of the sale terms could open up all sorts of doors, some of which could also better safeguard the club as a community asset.

Buying Roots Hall and staying there for now also doesn't mean staying there forever, or ruling out a new stadium in the future. There's no doubt the club can benefit hugely from a new stadium, but the convoluted Fossetts housing project with a stadium tacked on as an afterthought, and which can't have its potential maximised due to planning oversights anyway, just ain't it.

The club needs to be stabilised. That's all that matters at the moment. Then perhaps some new plans for a new stadium can be drawn up in the future. Plans which put the club and its interests firmly at the top of the list of priorities.

Both sets of plans for Fossetts are beset by issues anyway, including the ones that have permission. I really cannot see either set of plans becoming reality.
This is the same page I’m on. Let’s get the club saved and hopefully out of Ron’s clutches .. not because ‘anyone but Ron’ but because he’s had 20 years to get that stadium built. Because our staff haven’t been paid in months. Because the way RH has been neglected over the years is a disgrace. I’m not averse to moving later. But like Medway I have real doubts we’ll ever see a stadium on that land. Also very reputable posters like Sherif H have offered extremely good examples of how RH could be renovated, plus how we could increase revenue streams almost from day 1.

Back