• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium atmosphere

If chips and burgers help make an atmosphere..............the game has changed more than i thought.....that burger was great i am gonna sing my heart out......nah. Too many of the prawn sarnie brigade im afraid, standing together shoulder to shoulder, one common cause, one voice, thats what atmosphere is about surely.......

Have to disagree. They are outside in the car park welcoming people to the ticket office/shop/stadium up to 90 minutes before kick off time. They then enter the stadium and play football with the match day mascots for a short while (all of whom have paid for the privilege), before walking around the stands and entertaining the crowd. They have even been within the Family Enclosure during some games this season when safe to do so. You make it sound as if they do nothing else and I find that very unfair. They do continue to interact with the children around the stadium, as well as other supporters too.

Fair point. I'll take that back. I come in via Shakespeare Ave, so didn't realise they were round the front beforehand and that they had duties regarding mascots.:duh: My point was purely based on not seeing them anywhere near the Family Enc just prior to kick-off

Create a party atmosphere, bring the flags like the chelsea game, and the big southend flag what gets passed around the stadium, or at least one stand anyway. Create a brilliant display for the lads!

Jnr

Instead of moaning about things, if you have genuine issues or a realistic suggestion, why not drop an email to the club so that they can look into things and respond, or get in touch with someone who attends the Fans' Forums and ask them to ask the question on your behalf?

Also, can I ask, how many of you would actually be happy with a beer that's been stood poured for up to 20 minutes before half time? I think serving chips is a safety issue, I don't think any of our food outlets have the facilities for chips, which is a shame as I think it would mean more people WOULD buy food in the ground.

I think the idea of a "portable" shop on the West side would be a great idea. Is the tea-bar in the South West corner by South Lower still used as a tea-bar? If not that seems to be a perfect place for people to go to buy things. Might mean you have to allow access from the West stand as well, but only needs a hand stamp or something.

The pre-pour option is available if you can get to the bar before the game and pre order. Often, I don't have enough time.

If the club are looking at way to maximise the revenue, that's a good easy way as recently I haven't bothered having a beer as I can't get served and have enough time to drink it.

The food isn't only bad, but it's overpriced! When we was in the championship, didn't they do meal deals?

This is southend, the seaside, known for fish and chips.. why not serve chips at least? I'd be willing to buy them? So would the vegetarians!

There is a vegetarian option, they can **** off.

The pre-pour option is available if you can get to the bar before the game and pre order. Often, I don't have enough time.

If the club are looking at way to maximise the revenue, that's a good easy way as recently I haven't bothered having a beer as I can't get served and have enough time to drink it.

agreed, there should be no problem with serving 10-15mins before half time... I'm going with 6 other fans tomorrow, and it's just really handy for one of to pop up a little bit before half time so we can get the order in before it's 6-deep at the bar!

Half time orders being taken before the game helps a little, but not if you can only get to the game for 3pm.

It's just a no-brainer... The staff are there, take our money Ron!!!!

agreed, there should be no problem with serving 10-15mins before half time... I'm going with 6 other fans tomorrow, and it's just really handy for one of to pop up a little bit before half time so we can get the order in before it's 6-deep at the bar!

Half time orders being taken before the game helps a little, but not if you can only get to the game for 3pm.

It's just a no-brainer... The staff are there, take our money Ron!!!!

Stop encouraging him !

Instead of moaning about things, if you have genuine issues or a realistic suggestion, why not drop an email to the club so that they can look into things and respond, or get in touch with someone who attends the Fans' Forums and ask them to ask the question on your behalf?

Also, can I ask, how many of you would actually be happy with a beer that's been stood poured for up to 20 minutes before half time? I think serving chips is a safety issue, I don't think any of our food outlets have the facilities for chips, which is a shame as I think it would mean more people WOULD buy food in the ground.

I think the idea of a "portable" shop on the West side would be a great idea. Is the tea-bar in the South West corner by South Lower still used as a tea-bar? If not that seems to be a perfect place for people to go to buy things. Might mean you have to allow access from the West stand as well, but only needs a hand stamp or something.

How on earth is serving chips a safety issue! All they need to do is buy a deep fat fryer or something similar.

Talk of beer at the ground raises something that I have found in the Far Post Bar. If you are there early and get a pint, often it tastes disgusting because presumably it hasn't been used for up to a couple of weeks and is not drawn off properly or the pipes aren't cleaned often enough. Either way it has stopped me going in there for a pint before the game. Anyone else experienced this?

Talk of beer at the ground raises something that I have found in the Far Post Bar. If you are there early and get a pint, often it tastes disgusting because presumably it hasn't been used for up to a couple of weeks and is not drawn off properly or the pipes aren't cleaned often enough. Either way it has stopped me going in there for a pint before the game. Anyone else experienced this?

Blimey, I think I'll stick with bottles then tomorrow!

nah. Too many of the prawn sarnie brigade im afraid, standing together shoulder to shoulder, one common cause, one voice, thats what atmosphere is about surely.......

Prawn sandwich brigade at Southend??? Really? Did they take a wrong turning?

The Cornish beer was ok, but we have had it before recently and I would like to have had a different (new) beer to try. How about getting a local small brewery involved and have them set up their own table and keg to a side in the bar? Isn't there a micro brewery out at Wakering and another at SWF or Mersea Island. Probably do bottles too.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by leeblue
nah. Too many of the prawn sarnie brigade im afraid, standing together shoulder to shoulder, one common cause, one voice, thats what atmosphere is about surely.......

Shrimp sandwich brigade at Southend??? Really? Did they take a wrong turning?

Corrected for accuracy.

Couldn't get a beer at half time in the West bar because the queue was taking too long. Surely they would have anticipated more demand and either put more people on the bar or just sold plastic beer bottles you could get them dished out so quickly it seems like a no brainer to me.

The club are tied to a contract with na national supplier so they cant get any of the local beers.

Back