• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium atmosphere

I don't mind goal music but we do need to change Hey Baby. We've had that for a decade now!!

How about change it to the instrumental bit of Chelsea dagger, that's always fun to sing along too.

Having a meeting tomorrow with Ryan Murrant the newish Marketing Manager at Roots Hall regarding Atmosphere at the hall, just wanted to see if anybody has any ideas or questions they want raising and I will report back.
Would be nice if they would turn offf the lights in the West during the game... I'm sure that would add to the atmosphere although theres probably a elf and safety reason behind it, also the playing of music when the teams come out on the pitch right up untill they're ready to kick off, I want to hear the crowd at a football match if I want music then I go to a concert.

I have never understood why we dont pre-pour pints for half time. when you go to other sporting events, like a day out at lords, the bar staff get pints ready before lunch and tea so when the big crowds come to the bar they turn around the customers quickly
We asked that recently and the bar manager in the main east stand bar said it was because they didn't want to sell warm pints!

If you listen to what happens at Celtic Park every time Celtic score, the announcer shouts out (enthusiastically) the first name of the scorer and the crowd respond by shouting back the surname. They do this 3 times, each time getting louder. Always sounds good.

If you listen to what happens at Celtic Park every time Celtic score, the announcer shouts out (enthusiastically) the first name of the scorer and the crowd respond by shouting back the surname. They do this 3 times, each time getting louder. Always sounds good.
Bit of a problem there in that Celtic have nearly 60,000 people that actually sing and make a noise we probably have about 600. Most of ours are spread around the ground. If we could get everyone that wants to sing in one section then it would be much better.
TBV has improved the atmosphere but there are still plenty of people that like a good old sing song but dont want to move seats.

We asked that recently and the bar manager in the main east stand bar said it was because they didn't want to sell warm pints!

Football's a winter game, with the colder weather we're promised, how much can a pint warm up in ten/fifteen minutes? Anyway we Brits are renowned the world over for drinking warm beer, aren't we? :winking:

Doesn't seem to worry theatre audiences......

Bit miffed as to why there are people moaning about queuing for beer when there are people in front buying the softer option for families and taking time when on previous threads you state that you want to promote the future supporter. Standing there moaning in a drunken stuppour is not promoting the match day experience in the brightest light but more of a throw back to bygone days that you state you want to move away from. Think people need to take a check of what they say.

Football's a winter game, with the colder weather we're promised, how much can a pint warm up in ten/fifteen minutes? Anyway we Brits are renowned the world over for drinking warm beer, aren't we? :winking:

Doesn't seem to worry theatre audiences......

Some clubs albeit bigger ones have them machines that can pour like 6 at a time

Bit of a problem there in that Celtic have nearly 60,000 people that actually sing and make a noise we probably have about 600. Most of ours are spread around the ground. If we could get everyone that wants to sing in one section then it would be much better.
TBV has improved the atmosphere but there are still plenty of people that like a good old sing song but dont want to move seats.

I disagree having everyone in one section just means that area is loud. You need different groups in different sections to encourage each stand to join in. When the TBV is in the North yes it sounds great but everywhere else gets quieter. When they are in the west it seems to get more people from each stand joining in. I don't agree with all the singing to be in one area it needs to be spread to create a more electrifying atmosphere for such a small crowd/club. It's ok if you San Lorenzo and have a massive amount of fans in a big ground and loads of instruments playing but we are Southend United and we have a drum which you can barely hear.

Improve the food and catering in general.

I haven't eaten at half-time at Roots Hall for years coz the burgers are so god-damn awful. All regular fans know this and will avoid even if they're hungry. Most other clubs in the country manage this and some of the best food I've had at away games is from clubs with a non-league background like Stevenage.

It also annoys me being charged full-pint prices for a beer and then having a bottle poured out into a plastic cup, often so fast by the bar maid that half the glass is froth. So 1/4 of a pint for £4 is ridiculous.

Like others have said, there are plenty of people who like a beer and some food when they go to football but at the moment people are choosing The Spread and The Fish House over getting these things in the ground. Make improvements here and their matchday income will be much better.

I used to drive a few blokes up to the Stansted area. They always wanted to stop on the A120 for a burger. It was a pull in area for cars and lorries, just off the road. There always seemed to be a long queue. The burgers were the best I've ever tasted. We asked the Two ladies about them, and they said they just use the very best quality meat, and that's it. Most burger vans/trailers use the cheap stuff for more profit. But this can taste of nothing or rubbery. This is the case for the caterers at Southend.
When the Two ladies sold their thriving business, for whatever reasons, Two guys took over and put the cheap meat in the burgers, yuk. We stopped going there, and no longer saw any queues.
When are the Southend caterers going to learn? Because it's all about quality and taste with burgers, and you won't lose out on profit because you will sell a lot more, and people tend to buy other stuff once at the counter.

I used to drive a few blokes up to the Stansted area. They always wanted to stop on the A120 for a burger. It was a pull in area for cars and lorries, just off the road. There always seemed to be a long queue. The burgers were the best I've ever tasted. We asked the Two ladies about them, and they said they just use the very best quality meat, and that's it. Most burger vans/trailers use the cheap stuff for more profit. But this can taste of nothing or rubbery. This is the case for the caterers at Southend.
When the Two ladies sold their thriving business, for whatever reasons, Two guys took over and put the cheap meat in the burgers, yuk. We stopped going there, and no longer saw any queues.
When are the Southend caterers going to learn? Because it's all about quality and taste with burgers, and you won't lose out on profit because you will sell a lot more, and people tend to buy other stuff once at the counter.

Second this. A family friend had recently started up his own burger business (about 9 months ago) and originally had just 1 burger van. Now he has 9 kitchens in pubs and about 20 different vans. His reason for being so successful? They only use organic meat and also make their own buns. He also charges about £9 a burger yet still gets customers. Just shows that people are willing to pay a hefty price for quality.

Second this. A family friend had recently started up his own burger business (about 9 months ago) and originally had just 1 burger van. Now he has 9 kitchens in pubs and about 20 different vans. His reason for being so successful? They only use organic meat and also make their own buns. He also charges about £9 a burger yet still gets customers. Just shows that people are willing to pay a hefty price for quality.

Depends on the location though, Id never pay that for a burger at a football stadium.

probably more difficult than it sounds, but sweep away water from behind the West stand when it chucks it down . The last evening match IIRC . and it was a swamp for anyone coming out of the V/W entrance.
More staff in West stand shop

ps-- For this Saturday why not have a Pop up shop outside the entrance to the west stand- even if its just scarfs and hats . I bet there will be parents coming for the first time who will buy stuff, but wont bother to go via the club shop as it is out of the way ---- may be worth giving a go

They used to have one at the back of the West Stand. It was really useful. We park at SHSB and walk to the West stand. We never go near the club shop...

Back