• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

apparently 3 semi pros in the Col U team according to Leeboy on Twitter (is that still Lee's user name on here ?)

I'm surprised. Quite a lot they were asking for they'd have got laughed at semi pro football. But they did play some fairly decent footie in utterly dreadful and horrendous conditions. If we'd played on one of the local parks, we wouldn't have finished...

well done all who played, watched, contributed & donated. not a great team perfomance at all, but we did have some real "fans" playing. a few tackles flying in at times on the wet surface, shame the ref booked me (fair booking) :blush:

I felt quite moist today ------- torrential rain was a big disappointment as it limited the crowd and dampened proceedings greatly.

The ColEwe supporter's (?) team were quite skilful and would have given the actual Col Ewe team a good match and we were more of a team of supporters who wanted to win and played in more of a charity mode ------ I gave everyone a good period on the pitch even if someone wasn't a brilliant player, they all got a turn and tried their best in atrocious conditions.

To lose to the people from up the A12 is quite galling and I hold myself responsible for our loss.

Big thanks to everyone who took part on a crap day ---- but it did make good entertainment watching tackles made in wet conditions. I can't fault anyone for effort --- even if I was soaked right through by the end of the game and hurt my ribs leaning over the barrier to reach a stretcher to help Girth get off the pitch.(He got off the pitch before I could get the stretcher anyway).

To raise nearly £400 on such a wet day was brilliant and I am sure the charity will be very grateful.

Would just like to say well done to all concerned this afternoon.
There was some decent football played on occasion despite the appalling conditions, I've seen less water falling in a shower, and about £400 raised on the day; with better weather I'm sure more would have come along and more made for the cause.
Have got some nice photos and will upload them tomorrow hopefully, one of McNasty actually wringing the sleeves of his coat out, it really was that wet! Thank God there was some cover for the spectators.....
Made very welcome by the lads at GWR and a good afternoon enjoyed, despite the conditions. Would be nice to see it become a regular thing.

Would just like to say well done to all concerned this afternoon.
There was some decent football played on occasion despite the appalling conditions, I've seen less water falling in a shower, and about £400 raised on the day; with better weather I'm sure more would have come along and more made for the cause.
Have got some nice photos and will upload them tomorrow hopefully, one of McNasty actually wringing the sleeves of his coat out, it really was that wet! Thank God there was some cover for the spectators.....
Made very welcome by the lads at GWR and a good afternoon enjoyed, despite the conditions. Would be nice to see it become a regular thing.

I would like to echo them comments and also pay tribute to the gaffer himself Ken Shalom Tel a viv Mcnasty Jarvis

Man of the Match I would have to say me really because I am ****ing awesome

But seriously well don't lads and well done to the Colchester lads for turning up as playing in the right spirits

Considering our fans side against a team that had 4 Heybridge swifts players we did so well.

2 mistakes in the second half from the wet conditions cost us dearly and that really hurts!!!

I am sorry to the Big big number 4 for Col U but it was either a rough afternoon for me or take him out early. he was subbed after 7 mins after meeting my foot!!!

Thank you Ken for managing but i thought I was only playing 45 mins and now my legs are killing and my throat is sore after so much talking

To raise 400 is amazing and thank you to Gareth for arranging and Darren my CB partner

Looking forward to return leg already

Considering our fans side against a team that had 4 Heybridge swifts players we did so well.

2 mistakes in the second half from the wet conditions cost us dearly and that really hurts!!!

I am sorry to the Big big number 4 for Col U but it was either a rough afternoon for me or take him out early. he was subbed after 7 mins after meeting my foot!!!

Thank you Ken for managing but i thought I was only playing 45 mins and now my legs are killing and my throat is sore after so much talking

To raise 400 is amazing and thank you to Gareth for arranging and Darren my CB partner

Looking forward to return leg already

I offered to pull you off at half time but you said my hands were too wet and cold !

just like to say thanks to everyone involved today didnt know anyone but all spoke to me ! 400 quid is a great amount to raise well done everyone we will have to beat them next time !!

just like to say thanks to everyone involved today didnt know anyone but all spoke to me ! 400 quid is a great amount to raise well done everyone we will have to beat them next time !!

Thanks for your efforts Jamie, it was good to meet you.

Pictures from the day can be found here - http://s846.photobucket.com/albums/ab27/jamesmut/SUFC%20vs%20CUFC/

A couple to get you moist::omg:

109_zpsbff3f1c8.jpg

019_zps1f972483.jpg

Who is that lad..... Epic!

He's the lad who pretty much handed them there first goal :winking:

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather I have only just dried out and now I am sitting in my bivvey beside the lake.

Personally feel 3-0 flattered them. We went in at half time 1-0 down to a very very good goal! We had our own chances to score even put the game to bed but there keeper pulled of a couple of decent saves.

Like Ken said we had a number of players who don't regularly play football let alone another sport but each and every person gave it 100%

Speaking to Colchester on the side line through the second half they are keen in doing another game and even inviting Ipswich and Norwich to make it a mini tournament for the same charity.

All in all I enjoyed playing my 45mins and am looking forward to the re match

He's the lad who pretty much handed them there first goal :winking:

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather I have only just dried out and now I am sitting in my bivvey beside the lake.

Personally feel 3-0 flattered them. We went in at half time 1-0 down to a very very good goal! We had our own chances to score even put the game to bed but there keeper pulled of a couple of decent saves.

Like Ken said we had a number of players who don't regularly play football let alone another sport but each and every person gave it 100%

Speaking to Colchester on the side line through the second half they are keen in doing another game and even inviting Ipswich and Norwich to make it a mini tournament for the same charity.

All in all I enjoyed playing my 45mins and am looking forward to the re match

Nothing to do with you charging out your area like a mad man then?!? :winking:

is it? I been calling you Henry all day!
:hilarious:

Wouldnt feel that bad Wardy was calling Darren Dan all game lol
Nothing to do with you charging out your area like a mad man then?!? :winking:

Hey wow don't be nasty I was just playing :winking: Although he was a cheating **** and took a dive even his own players said he loves a dive.....plus if had caught him he would of spent the night in A&E as I came out like a rhino lol

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back