• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much of me thinks sod it, I'm not going to subject myself to another bout of misery but I am a sad bugger and will be there, entranced in some blind hope that the team will come good and I can gladly walk home, a happy witness to the wonders of the 'beautiful game'. No joy can be better felt, than the one of a victory against all expectation. 'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers' etc etc.:loyalsupporter:

Can you blame people for not wanting to go?

Yes! I have been to some pretty **** games and was a season ticket holder from 99-03 when times were pretty ****. But did I ever contemplate not going or renewing my season ticket? NO! If I could get to the game Monday I would and wouldn't care if I had to pay £20 or £10. We have so many fickle fans who just want to support us when we are doing well!

Here's a thought if we have more bums on seats when we aren't doing well we will have some capital to put towards players to make us play better and get our of this **** league.

Yes! I have been to some pretty **** games and was a season ticket holder from 99-03 when times were pretty ****. But did I ever contemplate not going or renewing my season ticket? NO! If I could get to the game Monday I would and wouldn't care if I had to pay £20 or £10. We have so many fickle fans who just want to support us when we are doing well!

Here's a thought if we have more bums on seats when we aren't doing well we will have some capital to put towards players to make us play better and get our of this **** league.

You don't that's going to happen this season then ??

Okay mate. You waste your money. I've quite frankly had enough after standing in the ****ing rain for 90 minutes to watch possibly the ****est game I've ever seen. But oh wait, of course I'm being fickle. Not like I've spent possibly over a grand to watch a bunch of morons play against the conditions and that northern prick to go on sky sports or whatever he does now.

Brown Out.

You don't that's going to happen this season then ??

Eh?

Okay mate. You waste your money. I've quite frankly had enough after standing in the ****ing rain for 90 minutes to watch possibly the ****est game I've ever seen. But oh wait, of course I'm being fickle. Not like I've spent possibly over a grand to watch a bunch of morons play against the conditions and that northern prick to go on sky sports or whatever he does now.

Brown Out.

My point is things have been far worse and it didn't stop me going. If you went to games in the early 00's you will know exactly what I am on about.

But I didn't, so it's irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant as there are plenty of other people who have spent a hell of a lot more money than you have (Phil Cox for example) and have had to watch far far worse!

Can you blame people for not wanting to go?

Can you moan about commitment and desire and loyalty of players and not show the same qualities. ....through thick and thin, of course I get why peeps may not go but just not going because we are not winning is to me an alien concept.

Can you moan about commitment and desire and loyalty of players and not show the same qualities. ....through thick and thin, of course I get why peeps may not go but just not going because we are not winning is to me an alien concept.

I don't get paid to go every game.

I'll try again. You don't think the team is going up this season ??????

I'll try again. You don't think the team is going up this season ??????

On current form we have no chance. We don't know where the back of the net is. But there is still a slim chance and all it takes is for us to go on a crazy winning streak into the play offs and we go up.

We have to stand by these guys and I just hope Loza give us what we needed for the final 8 games, a pace for our midfielder to feed the ball to. If the ground wasn't hard, his header in last mins might have gone in, instead of his header hitting the ground and over the bar!

Everyonr has their breaking point so I get why some won't go and will not citicise them. Personally I still believe that we as the crowd can make a difference when we are up for it. And fit that reason I will be there. I also want to be able to say ,' I was there when we finally turned it around.

The clear positive is that there's 8 games and 24 points to go - we've not won in 13 but we're still in the hunt. Surely we're due a run of form, and surely Plymough et al can't keep going for another 8 games?
The concern from my perspective is that we have a manager who's been unable so far to arrest the slide. We haven't been creating chances for months now, but he hasn't seemed willing to change things - and he DOES have options. It's only Corr's suspension that has really forced his hand. We have players up front (Eastwood, Corr, Barnard) who would walk into most other teams in this league, but we're simply not creating chances - the midfield is solid and predictable, and the full backs get altitude sickness as soon as they cross the half way line. Coker in particular seems to have a real issue slinging the ball into the box, preferring to dally first.
The best manager out of work is one Paul Sturrock, and we shouldn't go back, so we need to stick with PB. Whilst Sololik is clearly a good player I don't understand his signing because our defence is the best in the league - surely we need a kid with a bit of creativity?

The clear positive is that there's 8 games and 24 points to go - we've not won in 13 but we're still in the hunt. Surely we're due a run of form, and surely Plymough et al can't keep going for another 8 games?
The concern from my perspective is that we have a manager who's been unable so far to arrest the slide. We haven't been creating chances for months now, but he hasn't seemed willing to change things - and he DOES have options. It's only Corr's suspension that has really forced his hand. We have players up front (Eastwood, Corr, Barnard) who would walk into most other teams in this league, but we're simply not creating chances - the midfield is solid and predictable, and the full backs get altitude sickness as soon as they cross the half way line. Coker in particular seems to have a real issue slinging the ball into the box, preferring to dally first.
The best manager out of work is one Paul Sturrock, and we shouldn't go back, so we need to stick with PB. Whilst Sololik is clearly a good player I don't understand his signing because our defence is the best in the league - surely we need a kid with a bit of creativity?

I think it's a fair and worrying question to ask, if Corr hadn't got his suspension, would we have signed Loza? I do have my doubts. Our defence was the best in the league with the partnership of Prosser/Kiernan and then Prosser/Thompson, that has now been continued with Sokolik/Egan. The problem was the period we didn't have a reliable central defence pairing and had to count on Phillips and whoever else could fill in...................check it out.

There's still a chance we can turn this around, we still have eight games left. I think all we need is a change of..........
Oh ****!!! we tried that last year and it didn't work.:winking:

We should certainly keep the central defence partnership (the best thing that I saw in Brizzle - not hard I know) - a bit unfair on Prosser who as we all know has improved greatly this season.

Although I thought Loza looked lightweight at Bristol he has pace to unsttle defenders and has got to play. I would also play Straker for his unpredictability. I would also like to see Laird in midfield rather than Timlin who I thought was dreadful in Bristol (particularily his `passing`) Either Freddy or Barney up front with a swap if one tires. Hurst on the bench.

So there we are problem solved 0-0 :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back