• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Sutton, Saturday 12th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Adam Crowther

• Joe Gubbins

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • James Morton

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • George Moncur

Votes: 87 86.1%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 81 80.2%
  • Bim Pepple

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • Macauley Bonne

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Keenan Appiah-Forson

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • George Wind

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Beau MacDonald

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • James Hillson

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 78 77.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the bench again for me
Good luck!
I disagree, he was a very young lad coming in on loan and gave his all in very trying circumstances. He then had a brilliant chance to move to Notts County. At 20 years old and trying to better your career, it's a no brainer. I think fans take moves to heart, rather than looking at when they pulled on a Southend shirt. He game 100% in every game, in very hard times. That's not easy for a 20 year old, so far from home. Anyone that gives our club their all, gets my respect. He at least had the decency to write a goodbye and thank you message, something that seems to have alluded Mr Cardwell.

A loan move to a side in the same division is a sideways move. I can buy that a multi year contract with a club you expect to be in the promotion picture could be a positive move but he was moving to play at the same level (or moving not to play at the same level as it turned out).

Anyway Cardwell owes fans nothing as he left it all the pitch for us. If anyone should be writing a letter of thanks it should be the fans. His effort was exemplary even when he was about to leave. One of the hardest workers I’ve had the pleasure to watch pull on a blue shirt.

Hope Steeeeeeeve gets a full Roots Hall rendition of Super Steve Arnold in goal. Top, top bloke who loved the club and wanted to stay, but was another victim of the circumstances at the time. Would absolutely love him back as number 2/mentor to Collin.
He will from me and 7k of us before kick off start. Once we kick off, Steve become an opponent goalkeeper, I will be rooting Steve to make lots of mistake and gift us an win.

Good luck!

A loan move to a side in the same division is a sideways move. I can buy that a multi year contract with a club you expect to be in the promotion picture could be a positive move but he was moving to play at the same level (or moving not to play at the same level as it turned out).

Anyway Cardwell owes fans nothing as he left it all the pitch for us. If anyone should be writing a letter of thanks it should be the fans. His effort was exemplary even when he was about to leave. One of the hardest workers I’ve had the pleasure to watch pull on a blue shirt.
To be fair, he moved from our awfully run club, to a promotion pushing Notts County side, who ended up finishing 5th. I personally don't think it's a sideways move to go to such a club that can offer a crack at promotion, with much better facilities and a functioning club structure in place. Something we really couldn't offer.

I've stated on all my posts that Cardwell was amazing for us and we had to enjoy him while we had him. FWIW, I don't think his move is a sideways move either. More money, great facilities and a better chance at promotion than us at this time. It was/is just really surprising he hasn't posted anything about his time with us. I'm not asking for a thank you, just an acknowledgement would be nice. After all, Southend have also helped his career out too. Maybe that will come.

Hope he gets a fantastic reception before and after the game, and loads of stick during the game. As it should be.

I went to watch Cardiff v Stoke once when Graham Kavanagh, a Cardiff legend, was playing for Stoke. He got a rapturous ovation before the game, but his every touch was met with a cacophony of boos. Then after, he went over to the Cardiff fans to mutual applause like nothing had happened. Proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back